ships arrives nassau at noon - how early to book a private snorkel excursion?

want2seaitall

Realistically...how early can I expect to get off the Enchantment of the Seas...with a noon time arrival...looking at a private 1...or 1:30 snorkeling excursion...can it be done???

Thanks! Cheryl

I'd at least do my homework and know what's available.

Most snorkeling excursions will be booked in advance and leave the dock at 1 or 1:15. Not sure what you mean by private, as there are no vendors waiting to take on just you and yours. They will take on as many guests as they can.

Why not just book thru the cruiseship if you are cutting it so close. Those tours available at the excursion desk are the same ones that are booked thru the cruiseships.

by private...I just mean not associated with the cruiseline..have no interest in booking with them. my reason...one example...while on a stingray snorkel excursion in Grand Cayman...in a group of 10...we looked off into the distance at the excursion from the ship doing the same...however they were a group of 100. another example...cave tubing in belize...as we were in an air conditioned 10 person van...receiving personalized service from an Belizian who told us stories about life in Belize...we passed a big tour bus from our ship that was stuck in the mud waiting for a tow service and replacement bus...as it tried to get through the typical muddy dirt roads leading to the rain forest. Always done private tour companies...always been happy...see no reason to change. I do however understand the risk about timeliness...and that is why I make sure I allow plenty of time to get to the tour and return to the ship. I found a couple 2:30 and that would definitely leave enough time on either side.

Thank you for your response.

Archived