Getting from Airport to Hotel

Jodez

What would be the best way for my family to get from the Airport to hotel in Waikiki? There will be 4 adults with 4 suitcases. We arrive at 11.00pm from Australia. Don't want any fuss, just picked up and dropped off in minimal time. I don't think 4 of us with suitcases will fit into a standard taxi, so the most cost effective way would be appreciated :) thanks

What would be the best way for my family to get from the Airport to hotel in Waikiki? There will be 4 adults with 4 suitcases. We arrive at 11.00pm from Australia. Don't want any fuss, just picked up and dropped off in minimal time. I don't think 4 of us with suitcases will fit into a standard taxi, so the most cost effective way would be appreciated :) thanks

Last week shared a taxi with two friends from the port to HNL (similar distance I believe) ..3 suitcases/three large carryons and there would easily have been room for one more person and more luggage. We had a mini-van taxi - I think that's what most, if not all of them were...so you shouldn't have a problem - and if I remember right the fare was about 33 US total before tip - they are metered.

We were in Honolulu in May and took a cab...they are very organized at the airport and have someone to get you into the appropriate taxi. We had a party of 4 and lots of luggage and had plenty of room in the cab. Our cab fare was $39 plus tip to travel from the airport to Waikiki.

Hotels will arrange shuttles but there is a cost that is usually more than a taxi. I vote with those that say... jump in a taxi and get to the hotel and start your vacation. If I remember correctly there are individuals in official looking vests as you exit baggage claim that try to direct you towards the shuttles. You need to be very confident about what you want and head for the taxis. So easy, and so fast. Aloha, Cherie

One option is to check with your hotel. When we stayed at the Moana Surfrider back in May, they offered a relatively inexpensive shuttle service through Roberts (http://www.moana-surfrider.com/propertyoverview/airporrtransfers).

Another option you might consider is Johnny Cab Hawaii (https://johnnycabhi.com/). We used Johnny to get to their pier and he drivers a large van with plenty of room. We shared the transport with another couple from our roll call and could have easily had a few other folks join us. In your case with four people, Johnny would be cheaper than the Robert's hotel transfer.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much everyone for your replies & suggestions.

Seems like a taxi is the way to go. Do you think it will still be easy after 11.00pm?

I did check out some of the Limo companies and the cost was around $135 return trip, plus tax, booking fee & tip. This might be a silly question..... is the tax a standard rate for everything in the US? if so, what is it? seems like every price I get, for anything, is "plus tax". In Australia the tax (10%) is usually included in any price you get, so you know exactly what you are paying. I am finding it a bit difficult to work out the actual cost of some things in Hawaii...... help :confused:

Archived