Queen Mary 2 my favorite ship

Dear Mr Payne,

Allow me to add our thanks as well for designing this magnificent ship. We were on QM2 for her 200th crossing and were honored and moved by your account of how your dream was born and how it became a reality. Your tribute to the physics teacher who encouraged you to take up naval architecture is one we shall long remember.

Like transatlantic fan I can say that our lives have been changed by our crossings on QM2, as has our bank account; the former for the better, as for the latter, all I can say that it has been money well spent!

P.S. Since this is an opportunity to ask you questions, I wonder if you could tell us if you are working on any important projects now.

Dear Mr. Payne,

since we have been on QM2 for the first time we are in love with your big baby and we try to sail with her at least every other year. We cant wait for next spring/summer! The decision wether it will be a TA or a Norway cruise still has to be made, and other than the upcoming september elections in my home country this decision process will be fun!

I want to thank you very very much for designing this wonderful ship, and that you fought for a true liner, a unique ship so much more beautiful than any other on the high seas. Thank you for the wonderful lines of this ship, the tiered decks at the rear, the boats secured high up which add to its balanced looks, and its stability, quietness and unbeatable space which never makes it feel overcrowded.

Dear Mr. Payne:

I'm joining the others in thanking you for designing this beautiful ocean liner.

I also want to thank you for the in-hull cabins. How wonderful it is to cross the Atlantic in cold temperatures, wind, and rain and still be able to sit on our balcony.

Your 'Baby' is without equal.

Just a quick question here:

Does the QM2 have a pool for the crew?

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Thaxted']Dear Mr Payne,

Allow me to add our thanks as well for designing this magnificent ship. We were on QM2 for her 200th crossing and were honored and moved by your account of how your dream was born and how it became a reality. Your tribute to the physics teacher who encouraged you to take up naval architecture is one we shall long remember.

Like transatlantic fan I can say that our lives have been changed by our crossings on QM2, as has our bank account; the former for the better, as for the latter, all I can say that it has been money well spent!

P.S. Since this is an opportunity to ask you questions, I wonder if you could tell us if you are working on any important projects now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comments. I have enumerated Justin's story on another thread but I think that its important his contribution is told.

The 200th crossing was very special and I am looking forward to next year's anniversary sailings in May. I will also be sailing from New York to Southampton at the end of October this year.

Hope that you sail again soon.

Stephen

[quote name='QM1']Dear Mr. Payne,

since we have been on QM2 for the first time we are in love with your big baby and we try to sail with her at least every other year. We cant wait for next spring/summer! The decision wether it will be a TA or a Norway cruise still has to be made, and other than the upcoming september elections in my home country this decision process will be fun!

I want to thank you very very much for designing this wonderful ship, and that you fought for a true liner, a unique ship so much more beautiful than any other on the high seas. Thank you for the wonderful lines of this ship, the tiered decks at the rear, the boats secured high up which add to its balanced looks, and its stability, quietness and unbeatable space which never makes it feel overcrowded.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comments.

Stephen

[quote name='seasidegal']Dear Mr. Payne:

I'm joining the others in thanking you for designing this beautiful ocean liner.

I also want to thank you for the in-hull cabins. How wonderful it is to cross the Atlantic in cold temperatures, wind, and rain and still be able to sit on our balcony.

Your 'Baby' is without equal.

Just a quick question here:

Does the QM2 have a pool for the crew?

Thank you very much.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your comments.

There is no crew pool on board but the crew all have facility cabins and there is a huge suite of crew public spaces on board, much more than on any cruise ship.

Stephen

[quote name='Cruise Liner Fan']Dear Mr. Payne, All that I can say is Thank You for your effort in designing the Queen Mary 2 she is my favorite ship and next month on October 15th I will be boarding her again for a New England/Canada cruise. Regards,Jerry[/QUOTE] Dear Mr. Payne, I would also like to ask about the status of the pods that propel the QM2. Are they in good condition? I ask this question because of the problems Celebrity Cruise Line has had with the pods that propel some of their ships. Thank You. Regards,Jerry

[quote name='Cruise Liner Fan']Dear Mr. Payne, All that I can say is Thank You for your effort in designing the Queen Mary 2 she is my favorite ship and next month on October 15th I will be boarding her again for a New England/Canada cruise. Regards,Jerry[/QUOTE]

Thank you and have a great voyage. I'll be joining the ship on the 27th.

Stephen

[quote name='Cruise Liner Fan']Dear Mr. Payne, I would also like to ask about the status of the pods that propel the QM2. Are they in good condition? I ask this question because of the problems Celebrity Cruise Line has had with the pods that propel some of their ships. Thank You. Regards,Jerry[/QUOTE]

As far as I am aware, the pods are fine.

Stephen

Archived