Who has done the Mexican Riveria

cruisegirl25

Cancun is alot like Vegas if you ask me. It is America moved south. We did the cruise last year for thanksgiving and are repeating the trip. We did excursions that take you out into the countryside. We enjoyed the activities on ship. Plus you get to go to different destinations and man were our comedians on board funny.

Hi there,

Mazatlan has to have one of the dirtiest, grubbiest ports on the Pacific coast. The downtown area is nothing spectacular to speak about and you have to take a taxi to get to the Zona Dorada (Golden Zone) where all the shops and nice hotels are.

Puerto Vallarta's cruise terminal has been there for a good few years and because of that, is in a fairly central part of the hotel zone just south of the airport. It is about a 12-15 min taxi ride down to the Rio Cuale (the heart of old PVR) and the Malecon where all your shops and restaurants are. PVR is much cleaner than MZT.

Manzanillo is one of the most under-rated destinations on the Pacific coast. Yes, ZLO is a seaport and home to the Mexican navy but

22210-24944-1EAN6PISRFsm.jpg?033454

the pier is close to the downtown core and the local buses are inexpensive and great to travel on. For 20 pesos you can travel to Playa de Oro and walk or swim on the silky sand beaches at the north end of Bahia de Manzanillo, where the fleamarket/artisnas market is located (adjacent to Club Maeva).

Cruisgirl25,

They were probably talking of MZT (dirty port area and d'twn)although ZLO has waterfront container terminals and is a railroad terminus for the west coast shippin industry.

Either way, don't let thatdeter you from your cruise. The Mexican people are very friendly and sociable and their country is my favorite to travel to.

Happy cruising, and...

Ciao for now!!!

You're right, dump MZT anytime. Perhaps more ships will call once they have the cruiseship terminal completed adjacent to downtown..but then again, it'll be completed on Mexican time. That in itself may be a good few years.

Ciao for now!!!

are you kidding me...look at these pics and then tell me you can't decide ;>))

http://community.webshots.com/album/330890473AhasNk

and

http://community.webshots.com/album/330890473AhasNk

THanks for the info everyone. The other party was saying the ports are not that nice. That they do not compare to the Caribbean. I love being on the ship and doing the exscursions. They just have me concerned. They were saying one of the ports stunk and was just full of factories. I do not know what to do. We ahve like 12 days to decided.

I really looked forward to my Mex Riveria cruise. After growing up watching Love Boat for many years -- I was curious about the ports. I ended up not being impressed with the Mexican ports on the West coast (Cabo was OK) and one cruise in that area was enough for me. On the other hand, I love the Mexican ports I have been to on my Western Caribbean cruise.

Archived