Carnival Breeze 9/8 Review with Pictures

CruisinSinceIwasBorn

[quote name='CarnivalBreeze319']Thanks for a great review. Welcome back home. I just have a quick question. Which cruise line did you prefer... Royal Caribbean or Carnival? Other posters have been wondering. Thank you once again and I am glad you had a vacation of a lifetime :)[/QUOTE]

I like both lines. Lately we have been going with Carnival because we keep finding great deals and the dates work out. For our next cruise we are thinking about possible the Oasis or doing the Breeze 8 day.

Wonderful review!!!

Would you happen to know where the self-disembarking passengers START to line up or the best place to be so that you can be one of the first (self-disembarking) passengers off the ship? Any idea as to what time the line would start forming in the morning?

Thanks!

[quote name='Cruisin4US']Wonderful review!!!

Would you happen to know where the self-disembarking passengers START to line up or the best place to be so that you can be one of the first (self-disembarking) passengers off the ship? Any idea as to what time the line would start forming in the morning?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Disembarkation started around 7am with self-assist passengers. They call them by decks, starting with lowest decks and working their way up. All decks were called by 730am. The best place to wait is the Ovation theater on deck 3, which is the disembarkation deck. Do not wait in the atrium, stairwells or near the gangway. We were in zone 5 and were off by 8am.

A wonderful review. I enjoyed reading it. You have wonderful parents for getting you addicted to cruising at an early age ( I am assuming from your screen name..lol ).

We did a b2b on the Breeze in January and so glad we did as 6 days was not long enough. It is a wonderful ship but best of all, has the best CD in Butch. Not only is he a great CD, but his best assets is being such a personable and fine young man.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It is a lot of work and you did a fabulous job.:D

thanks for the feedback! i am loving your review!

In terms of Guys vs Blue, we really enjoyed both. Guy's was great if you wanted a greasy, filling and delicious burger with a great selection of toppings. Blue's was great when you wanted a lighter, healthier option. The salsa/toppings bar really made it my wife's favorite.

I believe there is a small reef at Grand Turk. DW and I didn't snorkel there, but friends from our roll call did a scuba excursion and said it was good, not great.

I believe there is a small sauna in the non-VIP locker room outside of the gym. Never went to see if because we used the spa sauna.

Thanks for the complement. I will finish it out this weekend. Stay tuned.

A wonderful review. I enjoyed reading it. You have wonderful parents for getting you addicted to cruising at an early age ( I am assuming from your screen name..lol ).

We did a b2b on the Breeze in January and so glad we did as 6 days was not long enough. It is a wonderful ship but best of all, has the best CD in Butch. Not only is he a great CD, but his best assets is being such a personable and fine young man.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review. It is a lot of work and you did a fabulous job.:D

Thanks for the nice words. Yes, my parents are great. I am from a family of 6, so when we were young, and cruising was far from being a family vacation, my parents decided to give it a try so that we would have more freedom in what we did. Turns out that my whole family loved it and we made it our yearly winter vacation. It has been pretty amazing to see the revolution of cruising over the past 20 years that I have been cruising. Some things for the good, some things for the bad.

Great review and pics. We are sailing the same itinerary 12/1 and picked this cruise just to be on the Breeze. We were not in favor of the port stops in Jamaica or Nassau, but will do quick shore visits, especially to Fish Fry in Nassau, and then enjoy the free time on board the ship. Congrats on all of the winnings and especially the generosity to the children's hospital.

Great review and pics. We are sailing the same itinerary 12/1 and picked this cruise just to be on the Breeze. We were not in favor of the port stops in Jamaica or Nassau, but will do quick shore visits, especially to Fish Fry in Nassau, and then enjoy the free time on board the ship. Congrats on all of the winnings and especially the generosity to the children's hospital.

My group will also be on this booking for 12/1. We picked it just to be on the Breeeze as well (and my DD will be celebrating her 13th bday while onboard). I have been to Nassau 2 years ago on Destiny. I am curious as to what the fish fry is all about. I do remember seeing this mentioned in another post on CC. Can you shed some light on this for me?? Thanks

Our main reason for picking the Breeze was the ship, not the itinerary. After sailing two straight Fantasy class ships (Imagination, Fascination) we realized that we needed a new ship with more things to do. I had followed the Breeze for awhile after it was announced in 2011 and after our trip on the Fascination, we knew that it would be our next ship. So glad that it was!

Our main reason for picking the Breeze was the ship, not the itinerary. After sailing two straight Fantasy class ships (Imagination, Fascination) we realized that we needed a new ship with more things to do. I had followed the Breeze for awhile after it was announced in 2011 and after our trip on the Fascination, we knew that it would be our next ship. So glad that it was!

I subscribed to your review and just love it!!! My group leaves in 68 days to start our vacation and reading reviews like yours full of pics and helpful information helps to pass the time and tame my cruise fever!!!!:D

I subscribed to your review and just love it!!! My group leaves in 68 days to start our vacation and reading reviews like yours full of pics and helpful information helps to pass the time and tame my cruise fever!!!!:D

Thanks Tayzia. I appreciate the nice responses. I have enjoyed "re-living" my cruise when writing this review. I always enjoyed reading people's reviews to help pass the time to my cruise, so I figured it was time to give back. If you have any questions, feel free to ask them and I will be sure to get an answer to you. I always have all of the fun times if you have questions about events.

I will be posting a full recap with comments/reviews/etc about each aspect of the cruise either today or tomorrow. DW wants to put her input into it, so I am waiting for her.

Your review has helped us pick the Breeze for a family vacation. You had mentioned that you have a large family - we have 5 children ages 17-11 (at cruise time) and they love cruising as there is something for everyone. I love it as it is a real vacation for me - no cooking, cleaning, etc...

Can you help me? As budget is always something we have to watch, can you tell us what were for "fee" activities on the ship. I am having trouble finding information about that. I don't mean sit down restaurants, but other food things or activities. I just need to have an idea what we will spend.

Thanks so much in advance!

Your review has helped us pick the Breeze for a family vacation. You had mentioned that you have a large family - we have 5 children ages 17-11 (at cruise time) and they love cruising as there is something for everyone. I love it as it is a real vacation for me - no cooking, cleaning, etc...

Can you help me? As budget is always something we have to watch, can you tell us what were for "fee" activities on the ship. I am having trouble finding information about that. I don't mean sit down restaurants, but other food things or activities. I just need to have an idea what we will spend.

Hi Lucky. There are LOTS of things to do that are included in the cost of your fare! I don't have any kids, but from what I have read, almost all children's activities are included. The only things that cost extra are the after hours events (I believe there is one night where there is a party from 10pm-2am), babysitting (which you don't need) and build a bear workshop. All games in the arcade are $1-2.

In terms of free activities, there is a miniature golf course, a ropes course, HASBRO the Game Show (lots of fun), two pools, 6 hot tubs, trivia, family comedy shows and a lot of other activities. In terms of food, you can go to the main dining room, Guy's burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, the Lido Marketplace, Cucina for Lunch, Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, and the Taste Bar. They are all great options!

In terms of up-charges,things that would be applicable to you are soda/alcohol/coffee (you can buy an unlimited soda package if you want for each kid, not sure of the price. there is also the Cheers! program for alcohol for adults that wife and I did), shore excursions (they can be cheaper if you book on your own by about 50%), the candy store, Cucina Del Capitano ($12/person), Steakhouse ($35/person). Gambiling is also an upcharge. Other than that, just about everything is included!

So glad that I helped you make your decision! Have a great time.

My group will also be on this booking for 12/1. We picked it just to be on the Breeeze as well (and my DD will be celebrating her 13th bday while onboard). I have been to Nassau 2 years ago on Destiny. I am curious as to what the fish fry is all about. I do remember seeing this mentioned in another post on CC. Can you shed some light on this for me?? Thanks

I have noticed that we have 2 Breeze Roll Calls for 12/1 so I have been trying to follow both of them.

As for the Fish Fry, we were in Nassau back in June, and this is an area within walking distance of the ship that is an entire row of restaurants down to the right of the pier. You can also take a local bus for a minimal fee. I forgot the bus#. There is alot of fresh seafood served here at a very reasonable price. We just enjoy the walk along the shore and a nice lunch. Wishing Carnival would take Nassau off of their port list. Like Cozumel, you can only go so often. We enjoyed Freeport far more than Nassau!!

Hi, I too am enjoying your review. We have a family vacation planned on this ship in August 2014. My son will turn 19 the first sea day. He will be the youngest with us. We are Canadians and 19 is legal age. Not too worried about the drinking part but would he be allowed in say the piano bar or lounge with all of us? For example should we be in there for trivia or to enjoy entertainment. Thanks

Hi Lucky. There are LOTS of things to do that are included in the cost of your fare! I don't have any kids, but from what I have read, almost all children's activities are included. The only things that cost extra are the after hours events (I believe there is one night where there is a party from 10pm-2am), babysitting (which you don't need) and build a bear workshop. All games in the arcade are $1-2. N

In terms of free activities, there is a miniature golf course, a ropes course, HASBRO the Game Show (lots of fun), two pools, 6 hot tubs, trivia, family comedy shows and a lot of other activities. In terms of food, you can go to the main dining room, Guy's burger, Blue Iguana Cantina, the Lido Marketplace, Cucina for Lunch, Jimmy's C-Side BBQ, and the Taste Bar. They are all great options!

In terms of up-charges,things that would be applicable to you are soda/alcohol/coffee (you can buy an unlimited soda package if you want for each kid, not sure of the price. there is also the Cheers! program for alcohol for adults that wife and I did), shore excursions (they can be cheaper if you book on your own by about 50%), the candy store, Cucina Del Capitano ($12/person), Steakhouse ($35/person). Gambiling is also an upcharge. Other than that, just about everything is included!

So glad that I helped you make your decision! Have a great time.

CruisinSinceIwasBorn, I hope I am not stepping on your toes because you have posted an extensive list but I did notice one fee for activity not listed and that is the Thrill Theater. It is I think $7 for one visit and $14.95 ( unlimited ) for the duration of the cruise. I bring it up because the some of luckynumber6's family may be interested. I personally did not try it but have heard of others who loved it so thought luckynumber6's family might need to include this possiblity in their budget.

Thank you so much for all the info. I don't know what your real job is, but you may have been made to be a travel agent! Have a good rest of the week!

It's a fun hobby. DW and I love the anticipation of the cruise. Last night she kept saying we need to book another so we have it to look forward to.

Thank you so much for writing this review; we are getting married on the breeze - this review just helped me get excited!

share more pictures :)

Congratulations! There were a couple of weddings the first day on our sailing.

I will include a couple more pages of pictures tonight or tomorrow. The posts limit you to 6 pictures, so I always had to plan which ones to use.

Hi, I too am enjoying your review. We have a family vacation planned on this ship in August 2014. My son will turn 19 the first sea day. He will be the youngest with us. We are Canadians and 19 is legal age. Not too worried about the drinking part but would he be allowed in say the piano bar or lounge with all of us? For example should we be in there for trivia or to enjoy entertainment. Thanks

I would think as long as he isn't drinking, this would be fine. I am not 100% certain as our cruise was all adults. Just don't call attention to yourself and I think you will be fine.

CruisinSinceIwasBorn, I hope I am not stepping on your toes because you have posted an extensive list but I did notice one fee for activity not listed and that is the Thrill Theater. It is I think $7 for one visit and $14.95 ( unlimited ) for the duration of the cruise. I bring it up because the some of luckynumber6's family may be interested. I personally did not try it but have heard of others who loved it so thought luckynumber6's family might need to include this possiblity in their budget.

Not at all. This is a forum to provide information. I completely forgot about the Thrill Theater. Never went there as almost all of the movies are films aimed at kids. From other reviews though, it sounds like a lot of families enjoyed it.

Do you remember when you purchased your tervis cup, were lids available for purchase as well?

Ps loved your review :)

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The lids are actually priced separately from the cup. The cup was around $10, and the lid was around $2. We purchased them as soon as we boarded because we heard from other reviews that they often sold out the first day. I noticed though that both Red Frog and Blue Iguana had them available the entire cruise. They are only available for purchase at their own respective bar. They are not for sale any other place on the ship.