sapphire princess

sjs234

What specifically would you like to know; we sailed the Sapphire to Alaska in in May. Beautiful ship. Had a nice balcony cabin (B512). Although it's rather large, never felt crowded. Easy to get around, never got lost. Disembarkation in ports went fast because we utilized two ramps. Food was good. Had PC dining and it worked well for us. Saw a couple of shows and they were good. Would sail the Sapphire again if the itinerary was of interest to us.

Just debarked the Sapphire Princess this past Sunday after a great Alaska cruise. I enjoy Princess, sailed the Diamond this past Feb and once again Princess didn't let us down. So much to do on the ship, great entertainment, kids thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Tracy Arm was wonderful - beautiful view of the glacier and though we headed up the fjord at 6 AM in the morning, it made for a wonderful start to the morning.

Weather was OK though not great. It rained in Ketchikan, our first port of call. The next day it was mostly cloudy and this was the day we went to Tracy Arm in the morning and Juneau that afternoon. By 5, the sun started to peak through the clouds and the weather brightened up somewhat the rest of the week.

Skagway was our favorite port, it seemed like "old" Alaska and we felt the best shops as the goods were more unique than the other ports. My only regret here is we stayed on the ship too long and didn't have as much time in town as I would have liked. We took an excursion to pan for gold and only had one hour to look around when we got back. Should have headed out not long after the ship arrived in port that morning (I believe it was 6AM) instead of hanging around on the ship until 11 (the kids didn't want to get off as they were having too much fun).

Weather in Victoria was beatiful. Not a long time there as we docked at 5 and headed out at 11:30 PM. But, time enough to get off the ship and look around town and spend some money.

Princess sold me once again so I've booked the Grand at Christmas. But I first have too lose the 5 pounds I gained last week as the food was both good and plentiful (I call the experience "gluttony on the high seas").

We were on the Sapphire in April/May for 20 days, a back to back. We enjoyed the cruise, but the weather wasn't that great, so everyone was inside most of the time. Every activity was crowded. Our Cruise Director was Alasair. He is a terrific CD. One of the best. The only real complaint we had about this ship was the Buffet. We usually go to the buffet for breakfast and lunch. This time we only went to 1 breakfast and 1 lunch. It is so unorganized. The passengers were going in all directions. We never returned. Food was great There was no line cutting in, because there were no lines. Ship was just to big, I like the Sun size ships.

We were on the Sapphire to Alaska last August and in our opinion she is a beautiful, well laid out ship that we enjoyed very much. We like the grand class ships. If you have any specific questions, please ask. There are many posters who have cruised her over the past year.

We had a lot of rain in August but I heard the week before it was sunny. The only complaint we had was the disembarkation in Seattle. There was no real line to get a taxi, just a mass of people and luggage under a canopy in the pouring rain.

We didn't have a problem with the buffet. Maybe some of the diners didn't realize they needed to wait in a line and the crew there didn't keep any order.

Really important for the Sapphire: the Tracy Strait cruising takes place early in the morning so set your alarm and get to the deck or on your balcony by 6 or so. You'll see this:

1043920368_glacierview.jpg.0d0a909efe210d119fb04fb820f7c8a9.jpg

Archived