Recent reviews of Cirque Dreams?

tinalouise69

Sailing on the Epic in just under 2 months & want to get feedback on the show/dinner. I have mostly seen mixed reviews and am trying to figure out if it is worth spending the money for 6 of us (4 adults, 14y old, 5y old).

How was the food? The show overall?

Anyone have current pricing - for regular seating vs. premium? Which seating should we choose if we go?

Any and all feedback is welcome so we can decide soon...almost to the point where we can make reservations! :D

Is this not something that is very popular - or just no recent reviews?

46 days and counting - cannot WAIT to be able to make reservations for all of the dining/entertainment! We have 4 adults & 2 children (14, 5) that will be on the Epic in November and would love to hear any feedback on the show so we can decide if it is worth making reservations for.

We were on the Epic last December and attended the Cirque show and felt it was the entertainment highlight of the Cruise. We love Cirque shows and it was incredible to be so close to the action on the Epic. The performers are amazing. There is really no downtime during the show, it is action packed!

I thought the food was alright and I believe it was a filet and a couple of shrimp for the main course. We were pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

We went for the premium seating and thought it was worth it, however, with 6 people in your group the extra charge would be more of a consideration I would imagine. I cannot recall what the price was for this show.

Hope this helps you with your decision and happy sailing!:)

I think you'll find varied opinions on this topic as food and entertainment are very subjective. That said, Cirque Dreams in particular seems to be evenly split between those who like it and those who don't, food included. Personally, I didn't find the show or the food great. The menu is limited to Surf and Turf (shrimp and filet).

We were on the Epic in April and we enjoyed the show but as the previous poster said it is subjective. In our opinion it was better than Blue Man group which we just did not enjoy. The food was ok, we had premium seating so we were right on the floor in front of all of the action but it was a bit crowded feeling.

Sitting on the second level is priced lower but we found that you missed some of the action below you as it was occurring under the over hang. The second level seating is a little cramped but you don't have a whole lot more space on the floor. Obviously you are very close to all the performers on the floor level. You get what you pay for sort of speak.

The food is ok but not the highlight of the evening. A small filet with a couple of shrimp, small salad, and dessert

Overall we thought the performance was excellent and enjoyed the various acts especially the bell ringing one.

As other posters have mentioned you re going to get many different opinions on the show but if you like balancing, juggling, singing, plate spinning and those types of acts I'd say go for it.

Sitting on the second level is priced lower but we found that you missed some of the action below you as it was occurring under the over hang.

Same applies to the booths downstairs, we missed some of the acrobatics/balancing acts because of the overhang.

To OP: I'd say that go and experience it yourself. Our party of four (two in their 60s and two in our 30s) enjoyed the show and food - while the food was nothing special, it was still good and enhanced by the experience in whole.

Don't miss it, as it is a great experience. We have done it twice already and are planning on going again this December. We sat in both sections and they both have their advantages. The food was fine ( IMO ), but DH had to have a "snack" later on that evening. If you can, don't miss this.

Archived