upgrade after final payment?

booth22

Anyone ever upgraded (paid for one) after final payment? Is this even possible? I know Princess won't do this at the pier, but didn't know if it was an option if the cruise didn't sell out and we wanted to move up categories. (And yes we did book the category we wanted in the first place, I'm just curious!)

Yes, you can upgrade, but you won't be able to benefit from any 'new booking' special prices. You will end up paying about what you would before you made final payment as the better prices are not usually available to those already booked, unfortunately.

I forced an upgrade after final paymen as a result of a "flash" price in 2003. Mind you, this was not a complementary upgrade, but a forcerd one - and I do not know any of the brass at Princess. It was the Regal Baltic cruise - we had inside cabins booked - 3 days after final payment they came out with a "Flash" for balconies at the same price we had paid for inside. I made several calls to Princess and to my TA - they each kept passing the buck. Princess offered me a balcony at a price. They finally conceded and gave us a balcony at no additional cost.

Ron

I forced an upgrade after final paymen as a result of a "flash" price in 2003. Mind you, this was not a complementary upgrade, but a forcerd one - and I do not know any of the brass at Princess. It was the Regal Baltic cruise - we had inside cabins booked - 3 days after final payment they came out with a "Flash" for balconies at the same price we had paid for inside. I made several calls to Princess and to my TA - they each kept passing the buck. Princess offered me a balcony at a price. They finally conceded and gave us a balcony at no additional cost.

Ron

Your persistance was worth it in the end .......Shush I'm a little like that :D

the last month before our cruise (well...he is my brother :D ) and we were upgraded from interior to ocean view unobstructed cabin for FREE the last week before our cruise!! My brother knows someone who knows someone or something with nearly every cruise line....and he has been able to get us an upgrade nearly every year...so I always pay for the cheapest, knowing that someone will cancel that last week and they always do!

So I have never paid for an upgrade....I just pester for it ;) !

June

Archived