Camp Carnival

i1981star

We'll be cruising with my daughter, who will be one month away from turning two years old. She would have a lot of fun if they would allow her to come in and play. Is there any way I can get them to allow her in since she is so close to being two years old?

You will be able to take her in and play with her (or pay to leave her on some ships) for 2 hours a day during the "under 2s time" and the night time babysitting but due to liability insurance issues, the age limit is strictly enforced for regular camp. Your only option to get her into camp is to reschedule your cruise for a month later when she is officially two. Sorry!

we're going 2 weeks before my son turns 2. I'm a teacher so I have limited vacation options and postponing the trip a few weeks isn't possible. When I booked it I asked the woman how strictly they would be checking his age and without saying anything officially she gave me the indication that I should be ok. I however assume he'll flip out if I try to leave him. I'm hoping for a peaceful dinner or two, but I'm not counting on it.

we're going 2 weeks before my son turns 2. I'm a teacher so I have limited vacation options and postponing the trip a few weeks isn't possible. When I booked it I asked the woman how strictly they would be checking his age and without saying anything officially she gave me the indication that I should be ok. I however assume he'll flip out if I try to leave him. I'm hoping for a peaceful dinner or two, but I'm not counting on it.

I'm in a similar situation. There aren't a lot of times for hubby and I to get time off from work together. When I booked, they told me it would depend on the people working on the ship. I'm hoping if I throw them a nice tip, maybe they'll hook me up. If not, that's ok, we'll still have fun. But my daughter is 12 years younger than her 14 year old brother, and she starves for peer interaction. The other day at the mall, she went up to a strange little girl and started hugging her! She'd be fine if I left her. After her birthday we're going to look into a preschool for her.

They will not allow it, I believe I read it has something to do with insurance.

Your options are: re-schedule, use the night owl sitting, or bring along a nanny

We plan our cruises specifically around our child's birthday. :D

Archived