*My Platinum Review of Carnival Liberty**Eastern with Pics

cuted126

IMG_1564_zps9115ba26.jpg

We stayed out on the deck until after sunset and then we got ready for dinner. On Day 5, I finally spotted the Diamonds Steakhouse! It's amazing what you miss even on a seven day cruise lol

IMG_1567_zps7c01c3bd.jpg

IMG_1566_zps7bc7d539.jpg

Went back to the room and got ready for dinner and I had some Platinum goodies!

IMG_1568_zps76340478.jpg

Dinner time!

IMG_1569_zps03b576ea.jpg

IMG_1571_zpsd7e29e9d.jpg

For dinner, the shot doctor came around and we ordered two. This is a Washington apple.

IMG_1572_zps2cd94da3.jpg

For starters, we both got salads. DH got the flat iron steak and I got the fried chicken. I didn’t care too much for the chicken, but that little scoop of mashed potatoes was everything!!! We both had the WMC, Mickey Mouse style!

IMG_1574_zps7afefb8f.jpg

IMG_1575_zps43979ac7.jpg

IMG_1576_zps4e264cf3.jpg

Oh and tonight was elegant night. I’m glad I over packed cause I did not feel like dressing up too much. I just wasn’t feeling too well. This is the night I really started to feel ill.

IMG_1580_zps97d8881c.jpg

The show tonight was Just Rock and it was very good!! We went to catch comedy that night and it was PACKED. Standing room only! We left before the show was over, I was tired of standing and the boat was rocking and I just didn't feel good. We went to the night club and then out to Lido. Pirates of The Caribbean was on the big screen (It was International Pirate Day, remember J) We watched that for a bit and then we went to bed for the night.

I named her Sunshine

IMG_2379_zps34e729a0.jpg

It's the last day which is usually so sad for me, but on seven day cruises I feel okay. I guess because I feel content with the length of time I’ve been on vacation. Today we relaxed (as usual). Our only plans were to go to the Love & Marriage show, go to the chocolate extravaganza for me, and the past guest party!

The sad thing is despite the fact of it being permanently notated in my head, I almost missed the chocolate again. I do this every time lol. I made it though and I have pics to prove it!

IMG_1588_zpse8ed3d7f.jpg

IMG_1589_zps95b39473.jpg

:D

Those chocolate covered cake on the sticks were absoulutely horrible. YUCK! Everything else was good. They also had a great potato soup on the lido buffet which was so good! We decide to walk on the outer deck before the Love & Marriage show.

Looks like Dh sees something

IMG_1593_zpsbacdc125.jpg

Dh loves to take pics of me while my hair is blowing

IMG_1595_zps08c6e071.jpg

We headed to the Love & Marriage game and as always it was very entertaining. I always enjoy watching the couples! I would love to be up there myself lol. We also went to Fun Ship Q & A with Karl and Gargamel :P and we learned a few interesting things about the Liberty & the crew.

IMG_1605_zps7efc6989.jpg

This ran really closely to the time for the past guest party. We changed our clothes and headed to the Venetian Palace,only to found out that the party was at the Victorian lounge lol. So we had to head all the way aft, where we just came from lol. We are a hot mess sometimes! When we got there, it was packed. We happened to score a seat and the drinks started flowing.

IMG_1606_zpsad7e93b7.jpg

One thing, I really wish they would have the party in the theater instead of the lounge, we were like sardines in there. I would be so nervous if I were of the waiters holding those trays with barely any room to walk :yikes:

Anyway, you guys know the drill, they showed the video and you are supposed to cheer for the ships you’ve been on and then the captain and other officers were introduced and a few words were spoken. I was overly excited, cause they asked all platinum members to stand and that would be me:D Then they asked diamond members to stand and come on stage. Karl also cranked a conga line in the small crowded lounge, but of course I was up and in it lol! Hubby was too! Go hubby!

We got more beads and more drinks! One thing that has changed since the last time I sailed was the size of the drinks they give you. I was happy to see the full size glasses!! Hey we deserve that, us guests keep the company running. I only saw Funship Specials and later Red Remedy on the trays. However, this one guy that was sitting behind us had an endless array of drinks. It was insane. It was almost like he was trying to beat some sort of high score or something. The man had at least 30 glasses in front of him. I am sure he felt nice when he left. I know I did.

IMG_1608_zps13b088a5.jpg

After the party, we headed to dinner and there was a wait for Maribel. We had to sit in her section for the last time, so we told the hostess that we would come back later. We went out to deck three and talked for about an hour while watching the sun prepare to set. It was one of the best evenings on the ship!

IMG_1616_zps8e6e570a.jpg

IMG_1618_zps30b7a056.jpg

IMG_1617_zps7bf3c9ee.jpg

We went back to the dining room and Maribel was ready for us! I've talked about her and her crew so much and here is a pic of them!

IMG_1628_zps146fbb3a.jpg

Edited by cuted126

I think you guys know what we started with! For my main dish, I had

Grilled Chicken over Fettuccine

IMG_1638_zps67ecb5a1.jpg

Dh had the mac and cheese

IMG_1639_zps3bff4a59.jpg

And we ended up skipping dessert. I do not remember why, but I have no dessert pics at all. We went back to the room and packed and then we caught the Legend show. I always tell DH that I'm going to audition to be Gloria Estefan, but then I chicken out lol!

IMG_1646_zps48ba37cc.jpg

After the show, we did our "Last Lido Walk" lol. We do this every cruise. We went outside but it was raining a little. We saw another Carnival Ship making her way back to Miami. We tried to guess for awhile what ship it was (Victory) and then we headed back to the room and saw this sight in the hallway.

IMG_1649_zps2f52a31f.jpg

I seriously wanted to cry. In our room we had the most pitiful heart ever lol

IMG_1650_zpsb727b569.jpg

That next morning I felt so sick and I didn't want to go home quite yet, but Carnival still made me get off the ship. We didn't do the platinum debark because it was so early and our flight was at 12:25. We did self assist and we were off the Liberty in about 8 min after leaving our room.

The Liberty is an awesome ship. I am back on in less than a month going western and I am so sad that Karl with a K won't be the CD. I am sure we will still have a great time though! Thank you to everyone that read and commented! I truly appreciate that! I am not sure if I will do a review of my next cruise, but if I do, I promise it wont take as long:o

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I thought you did it in good time. Enjoy your cruise on Liberty next month.

But please do another review when you get back. We were on Liberty this last May and going

again in March so your reviews are helping me with my cruise withdraws. Thanks again.

Dawn

I think you guys know what we started with! For my main dish, I had

Grilled Chicken over Fettuccine

IMG_1638_zps67ecb5a1.jpg

Dh had the mac and cheese

IMG_1639_zps3bff4a59.jpg

And we ended up skipping dessert. I do not remember why, but I have no dessert pics at all. We went back to the room and packed and then we caught the Legend show. I always tell DH that I'm going to audition to be Gloria Estefan, but then I chicken out lol!

IMG_1646_zps48ba37cc.jpg

After the show, we did our "Last Lido Walk" lol. We do this every cruise. We went outside but it was raining a little. We saw another Carnival Ship making her way back to Miami. We tried to guess for awhile what ship it was (Victory) and then we headed back to the room and saw this sight in the hallway.

IMG_1649_zps2f52a31f.jpg

I seriously wanted to cry. In our room we had the most pitiful heart ever lol

IMG_1650_zpsb727b569.jpg

That next morning I felt so sick and I didn't want to go home quite yet, but Carnival still made me get off the ship. We didn't do the platinum debark because it was so early and our flight was at 12:25. We did self assist and we were off the Liberty in about 8 min after leaving our room.

The Liberty is an awesome ship. I am back on in less than a month going western and I am so sad that Karl with a K won't be the CD. I am sure we will still have a great time though! Thank you to everyone that read and commented! I truly appreciate that! I am not sure if I will do a review of my next cruise, but if I do, I promise it wont take as long:o

I hope you will do another review next month. I enjoy reading them especially since I'm planning to sail the Libery next Spring with DH and family.

We're doing B2B on Liberty next January. The Exotic Eastern Caribbean which is the one you just did is the 1st leg of our B2B. The Exotic Western Caribbean is the 2nd leg. I'm assuming that's the one your doing in November with your Mom?

I've very disappointed that Karl won't be on our cruise because I've heard a lot about him.

When we were on Legend January of 2012, Wee Willy was off on vacation. I was disappointed that time, too, because I'd heard a lot about him.

I do hope you do another review of your November cruise.

Edited by Sparky2

Thank you so much for the excellent review. I thought you did it in good time. Enjoy your cruise on Liberty next month.

But please do another review when you get back. We were on Liberty this last May and going

again in March so your reviews are helping me with my cruise withdraws. Thanks again.

Dawn

Thank you for reading along! I am glad you enjoyed the review! I will try to do a review next month. I think I will upload all my pics and get them in order and then go from there and that will make the review a little quicker!

I hope you will do another review next month. I enjoy reading them especially since I'm planning to sail the Libery next Spring with DH and family.
I think I will do one, I'm just going to try a different method with all of my pics though lol!

We're doing B2B on Liberty next January. The Exotic Eastern Caribbean which is the one you just did is the 1st leg of our B2B. The Exotic Western Caribbean is the 2nd leg. I'm assuming that's the one your doing in November with your Mom?

I've very disappointed that Karl won't be on our cruise because I've heard a lot about him.

When we were on Legend January of 2012, Wee Willy was off on vacation. I was disappointed that time, too, because I'd heard a lot about him.

I do hope you do another review of your November cruise.

Yes, I am doing the western with my mom next month! My excitement did diminish a little when I heard that Karl wouldn't be there:(. He is really great! I think we had Wee Willy on our Legend cruise. Is he the one that wears the kilt? If so, yes he is pretty good as well! I'm going to do a review of my November cruise, but I'm going upload all pics beforehand. Uploading the pics takes forever!! Or maybe I'm just too snap happy :p

Edited by cuted126

WOW! We have the same exact symptoms. I couldn't even speak on Saturday :( I 've been awful since last Thursday and I'm still going though it .

I love your review, i was on the Liberty Oct 12 sailing and started with sinus/sore throat while at Grand Turk! I also noticed a few crew members coughing, a few coughed with a hand over their mouths which is a great way to spread germs! (cough into hand, touch a table, shake hands, touch a hand rail.)

I have started working through my review here!

I enjoyed reading your review...getting psyched for my Breeze cruise in less than 4 days!! Lol. I've never been on the Liberty...have sailed her sister ship before, Glory. Congrats on Platinum...I made platinum in June on the Fascination and my DH makes platinum next week on the Breeze.

Edited by sleepygirl1

Great review! Loved the photos. You do a very good job!

We are counting down the days til we do this cruise in December! Hope y'all have a great time next month!

Thank you! I love taking pics! I am sure that will come back with 1000's of pics even though we just did this itinerary a few years ago:D Thank you for reading my review!!

Excellent review, again thanks for taking the time to share
Thanks so much for reading along!!!

I love your review, i was on the Liberty Oct 12 sailing and started with sinus/sore throat while at Grand Turk! I also noticed a few crew members coughing, a few coughed with a hand over their mouths which is a great way to spread germs! (cough into hand, touch a table, shake hands, touch a hand rail.)

I have started working through my review here!

Sorry you got sick and I hope you are feeling better. I am definitely gonna be prepared for my upcoming Liberty trip with some meds. I don't want to cruise and fly with while sick :( Thanks for reading my review! I am going to go read yours right now!

I enjoy reading your review.
Thank you and thanks for reading along!

I enjoyed reading your review...getting psyched for my Breeze cruise in less than 4 days!! Lol. I've never been on the Liberty...have sailed her sister ship before, Glory. Congrats on Platinum...I made platinum in June on the Fascination and my DH makes platinum next week on the Breeze.

I loved becoming platinum and talking about it non stop to hubby lol. Have a great time on the Breeze and please do a review!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much for bringing back memories of our first cruise :D:D:D.

We sailed on the Liberty with the exact same ports you enjoyed. Liberty will probably be our favourite ship as it was our first one.

We will see what her sister ship is like come January when we do the Western Caribbean on the Conquest.

Only 9 more cruises for Platinum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hockeyguru32

So glad I found your review to read as I'm coughing up a lung at 4am, waiting for my 7:30am doctor's appt... you made the time pass quickly! :) A few observations, in no particular order:

- You are adorable. ADORABLE. I loved every pic with your smiling face in it - and you have such a cute style. I particularly loved your anniversary dress (and btw, Happy Anniversary!)

- Your hubby and my hubby must be long-lost brothers. From the goofy faces to the sports bar love to having to touch everything to, of course, "not being sleep" while snoring... I felt like I was reading a review about my DH! (Mine would never be caught dead in a UNC shirt, though, if he knows what's good for him... said the Duke-fan wife...) ;)

- My platinum cruise was a 14-night Panama Canal transit, so my hubby had to endure two full weeks of my obnoxiousness... tell your DH he got off easy! ;)

- We are doing a Liberty B2B next March/April on the same Eastern/Western itineraries you're sailing, so I greatly appreciate all the tips you shared and I'm hoping for more when you return from your upcoming Western cruise - have a wonderful time!

Loved every bit of your review; thank you for taking the time! :D

Off the subject of the cruise for a second.. it sounds weird but works put vicks on the bottom or your feet then put socks on it will stop the coughing within a half hour and help you sleep soundly.

Back on the cruise subject... This was our very first cruise almost 4yrs ago for our honeymoon, the Liberty is a part of our family though we are trying a new ship and port this year. Hope we have just as much fun on the Paradise!

Loved your review! What website did you use to post your pictures? I am leaving for my Platinum cruise on Saturday...the Fascination....my husband was SO excited to be Platinum.....and he went to work on September 9th...had a massive heart attack (they call it a widow maker) and he passed away on September 10th....I started to cancel the cruise...but it was paid for in full along with tips....and non-refundable.....so I am going and hoping to be able to be able to have fun and not get depressed. I had a HARD time posting pictures after our Freedom cruise in May.

Off the subject of the cruise for a second.. it sounds weird but works put vicks on the bottom or your feet then put socks on it will stop the coughing within a half hour and help you sleep soundly.

Thanks for thinking of me! I had to go with zero meds or interventions for 12 hours to prep for pulmonary testing, otherwise I would've been a Vicksed-up fool. ;) Using thieves' oil mixed in a carrier oil the same way, on the soles of the feet, is also very beneficial.

Back on the cruise topic: I credit Vicks-on-the-feet for getting me over a nasty cold on a 2009 Mexican Riviera cruise... and there's no "do not drink alcohol while using this" warning for Vicks! :D

So glad I found your review to read as I'm coughing up a lung at 4am, waiting for my 7:30am doctor's appt... you made the time pass quickly! :) A few observations, in no particular order:

- You are adorable. ADORABLE. I loved every pic with your smiling face in it - and you have such a cute style. I particularly loved your anniversary dress (and btw, Happy Anniversary!)

- Your hubby and my hubby must be long-lost brothers. From the goofy faces to the sports bar love to having to touch everything to, of course, "not being sleep" while snoring... I felt like I was reading a review about my DH! (Mine would never be caught dead in a UNC shirt, though, if he knows what's good for him... said the Duke-fan wife...) ;)

- My platinum cruise was a 14-night Panama Canal transit, so my hubby had to endure two full weeks of my obnoxiousness... tell your DH he got off easy! ;)

- We are doing a Liberty B2B next March/April on the same Eastern/Western itineraries you're sailing, so I greatly appreciate all the tips you shared and I'm hoping for more when you return from your upcoming Western cruise - have a wonderful time!

Loved every bit of your review; thank you for taking the time! :D

Just noticed you are on my sailing. You should join our roll call. It's not real active yet, but better than some. :D