Mike & Tracy’s continuing adventures: B2B on Carnival Liberty & Carnival Breeze

MikeyA53

Tracy had the Maine Lobster Ravioli

DSC_05382_zps91f4506d.jpg

I decided to try the Surf & Turf for the first time. It was the best meal I ever had on a cruise ship.

DSC_05372_zps9a33be34.jpg

I ordered both the wild mushroom and the béarnaise sauces. For my sides I had the Yukon Gold Mash with Wasabi Horseradish and the Sautéed Medley of Fresh Mushrooms.

DSC_05392_zps90ff669b.jpg

All together

DSC_05402_zps70acdd47.jpg

As usual we always order the Cheesecake with Hazelnut Biscuit.

DSC_05412_zps1dca44f2.jpg

The lobster ravioli was one of my favorites also the lobster tails, I'm not a big steak eater, but love my seafood.

After leaving the Seaside Theater we went to the Ovation Theater to watch the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ hosted by Butch Begovich.

DSC_05552_zps5d391b90.jpg

DSC_05562_zps1e3bf5e4.jpg

Then we finished the night with a snack at the Plaza Café. They had a selection of ice cream.

DSC_05572_zpsd00a61ab.jpg

My selections; vanilla and cookies & cream.

DSC_05582_zps7159d894.jpg

Goodnight

DSC_05422_zps71ed73bd.jpg

Next: Sea day

We used the blankets on our past cruises and my husband was just talking about how he wished we had bought them. I reminded him that we were pretty packed heading back home.

I like the toilet pictures too.

As you cruise away, I feel the excitement in the air.

How far did you follow the other cruise ship out and was it raining on land?

Wow, what an awesome review! Thanks so much for all your hard work to do this. It is much appreciated! By any chance, do you have pictures of the Camp Carnival kids' activities schedule for 6-8 and 9-11. I'm assuming not since your kids are older, but thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

\

loving your review!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D my DD will be going with me on this cruise. It will be her first one and she wants to try out Circle C. I am excited about the many activities that they have for them to do. Thanks so much for posting these. Just curious how close the activities may come to the 6 day itinerary. keep it coming. We leave for Miami in 38 days:rolleyes:. Hoping to read your full review by then

Thank you and have a great cruise. Mike

Just jumped on this review and you have done the best I have seen, by far. Love the photos of the ship virtually empty so you can really sense what each area looks like before packed with people. So looking forward to the rest. I have the feeling this will end up being our favorite ship for now as well. Enjoy your time away ~ hard to come by in the working years!

Thank you sooo much. :D

Hi Mike...

I'm still loving the review. The arcade on the Breeze looks like a lot of fun. Do you happen to know if the games take the Carnival tokens or do they take a prepaid swipe card? We have a bunch of Carnival arcade tokens from our last cruise that need to be put to good use.

According to Mitchel you use your sail & sign card.

Wow Mike - I can't believe that after you have posted this many photos you still have not made it to your first port etc. I cannot believe how big this ship is and how many public areas there are on the ship. I would be lost but you have captured it very well. I am sure that I would forget what I have taken pictures of and what I haven't. Great job and keep them coming.

Thanks. :):):)

You sir should get a kickback from Carnival. If we were not already going, you would of sold us with just this first day review. Could you answer me 2 questions involving the steakhouse? In the Surf and Turf do you get the same 9 oz Filet they offer separately? And for the sides, ordering more than one. Is it included or is there additional charges for getting more than one? Thanks in advance.:confused:

I don't know about the size but I do know that the 9 oz is broiled the Filet in the Surf & Turf is grilled.

There is an additional charge if you order two entrées.

What decks are these located?

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

• 2 or 3 washers

• 2 or 3 dryers

• 1 iron and ironing board

• Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

• Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Wow, what an awesome review! Thanks so much for all your hard work to do this. It is much appreciated! By any chance, do you have pictures of the Camp Carnival kids' activities schedule for 6-8 and 9-11. I'm assuming not since your kids are older, but thought I'd ask. Thanks again!

I did have them but misplaced them, otherwise I would have posted them. Sorry. :(

We used the blankets on our past cruises and my husband was just talking about how he wished we had bought them. I reminded him that we were pretty packed heading back home.

I like the toilet pictures too.

As you cruise away, I feel the excitement in the air.

How far did you follow the other cruise ship out and was it raining on land?

They were still sailing side by side when I went inside. It was not raining.

Locations - Launderettes

Deck 2 - midship / across from 2375

Deck 7 - midship / across from 7347

Deck 10 - forward / across from 10264

Locations – Ironing Rooms

Deck 1 – aft / across from 1423

Deck 6 – midship / across from 6360

Deck 8 – midship / across from 8395

Deck 9 – midship / across from 9403

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette / Ironing Room

• 2 or 3 washers

• 2 or 3 dryers

• 1 iron and ironing board

• Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

• Ironing Room: 2 ironing boards/irons

Thank you so much for the info :)

After leaving the Seaside Theater we went to the Ovation Theater to watch the ‘Welcome Aboard Show’ hosted by Butch Begovich.

DSC_05552_zps5d391b90.jpg

DSC_05562_zps1e3bf5e4.jpg

Then we finished the night with a snack at the Plaza Café. They had a selection of ice cream.

DSC_05572_zpsd00a61ab.jpg

My selections; vanilla and cookies & cream.

DSC_05582_zps7159d894.jpg

Goodnight

DSC_05422_zps71ed73bd.jpg

Next: Sea day

How in the WORLD did I miss that ice cream? I thought that the only kind available was the soft serve from the dispensers. I will definitely check that out next time. Loving your review!

Thank you so much for the info :)

In Sept we were in cabin 2375 right across from the launderette. OMG....the noise. They DID NOT close it at all during the night. We stay up late. Usually til at least 2:00 a.m. Thats about when the "partying" started in the launderette. By the second night we called the desk. Someone finally came at 3:00 and chased them off but didn't lock the launderette door. It happened every night and even during the day people were so loud we could hear every word of every conversation. Once I poked my head out the door and said "Hey guys try to keep it down a litte, please" Well, that just pis-ed them off and they got louder. They just seem to like hanging out there. Same ship in May it was about the same. We had to walk by the launderette but our cabin was much further down the hall. My advice is don't stay in a cabin near a launderette. Otherwise our cabin and cruise were spectacular. Mike I am loving your review and re-living mine thru your photos. Great job.

I am going with some friends on the Breeze in Feb for our first cruise and your review is great and I can't believe it's still only the first day. I'm getting more and more excited to be going.

Sent from my SM-N900W8

You sir should get a kickback from Carnival. If we were not already going, you would of sold us with just this first day review. Could you answer me 2 questions involving the steakhouse? In the Surf and Turf do you get the same 9 oz Filet they offer separately? And for the sides, ordering more than one. Is it included or is there additional charges for getting more than one? Thanks in advance.:confused:

When I saile on the Pride in 2011, The surf and turf has a smaller 6 oz filet. You can't order unlimited sides, but you are free to miz and match the sides, so instead of getting one each of appetizer, salad and desert, you can have three appetizers (or three deserts) if you prefer.

When I saile on the Pride in 2011, The surf and turf has a smaller 6 oz filet. You can't order unlimited sides, but you are free to miz and match the sides, so instead of getting one each of appetizer, salad and desert, you can have three appetizers (or three deserts) if you prefer.

Thanks! :)

I initially misunderstood your question, I thought you were talking about entrees when you clearly said sides. Not to be confused with appetizer and salads, sides are baked potato, mash, veggies, mushrooms, etc. Yes, you can order several sides and sauces.