Carry-On Baggage

astrangevictory

Hello!

I just have a couple of really doofy questions about carry-on baggage. It makes sense to me to have at least a carry-on, in case something lame happens with our luggage. Is there anything you recommend I specifically pack in the carry-on? And is there anything that I am forbidden from putting in there (certain toiletries, for example.) Thanks!

Yep, take your medication, and ANYTHING you don't want to lose, in your carry on. (Jewelry etc.) Also, most folks will pack a change of clothes, and many take their bathing suits in the carry on, just in case they want to get in the hot tub, or pool before their luggage comes. By the way, the bag must be small enough to fit through the x-ray machine, just like the carry on for the airlines.

"SKY"

We always carry all electronics and valuables - as mentioned medication. I have a CPAP machine.

We carry our wine, soda and some bottled water.

If there's room, a change of clothes or two for each of us.

We always cross pack our checked bags as well. If one goes astray, we each have some clothes.

Hello!

I just have a couple of really doofy questions about carry-on baggage. It makes sense to me to have at least a carry-on, in case something lame happens with our luggage. Is there anything you recommend I specifically pack in the carry-on? And is there anything that I am forbidden from putting in there (certain toiletries, for example.) Thanks!

Only Booze is forbidden

Disregard the comment that makes the allusion that cruise carry-ons need to be the size of airline restrictions on carry-ons. They can be pretty big for cruises. On my December cruise, I carried on 2 medium sized suitcases, both of which are easily too large for airplane carry-ons. Over 24" long, exceeds every airline dimension. Some ports have at times been known to force people to check suitcases over 24" long, but it's not common. The scanners can handle suitcases 24 feet long. The length doesn't matter, only the height & width. And most suitcases out there will fit.

I carried on everything in December, and I have a lot of stuff. Since I could go straight to my room, it was very easy. You must have your soda/nonalcoholic drinks & wine in your carry on. The limit on the nonalcoholic drinks are 12pp, 20 ounces or less, plus 1 bottle of wine. When I check luggage, I still keep a couple changes of clothes, swimsuit, cameras, anything electronic in the carry-on. Only clothing in the checked bag.

We always carry all electronics and valuables - as mentioned medication. I have a CPAP machine.

We carry our wine, soda and some bottled water.

If there's room, a change of clothes or two for each of us.

We always cross pack our checked bags as well. If one goes astray, we each have some clothes.

yes, cross pack. Also at least one change of clothes if possible. I know, the luggage thing happened to me. A bus left our luggage at the first stop. It went on a different cruise than the one we were on.

Hello!

The swimming pool is usually open on embarkation day, and usually not crowded. If you pack your swim suit, flip flops, and cover up in your carry-on, you can enjoy the pool when you embark. There's restrooms right on the Lido near the pool where you can change into your swim suit. It could be a while before your checked luggage shows up at your cabin. Unlike on the airlines, you are free to put your toiletries in your carry-on bag.

Forbidden items include any "open" beverages. If you plan to carry on the allowable 1 bottle of wine per person, you must put that in your carry-on and not in your checked luggage.

Have a great cruise!

Archived