Silver Galapagos Sept 2013?- anyone on the ship

rosewood jo

Anyone out there on the ship? Tell me about how the excursions are going and of course the food? Weather? Staff? Animals? DO they load the zodiacs off the promenade deck? Is it crazy with the landing? You may not have internet connection? Dying to know that all of us want to know how it's going out there!

Any tips as I would like to book by Oct/ Nov...help!

jo

Was not trying to be rude, but I know there are several folks that like informing us daily about the ship and how things are going while on the cruise....anyone that would like to share, GREAT! I am planning to book this trip in the next four weeks. Just wanted to hear how silver galapagos ship is doing and possibily comparing, Nat. Geo and Celebrity....all news would be welcomed as there are VERY seasoned cruisers on that ship that give us insight or comparisons! Again...just excited!

Jo

Was not trying to be rude, but I know there are several folks that like informing us daily about the ship and how things are going while on the cruise....anyone that would like to share, GREAT! I am planning to book this trip in the next four weeks. Just wanted to hear how silver galapagos ship is doing and possibily comparing, Nat. Geo and Celebrity....all news would be welcomed as there are VERY seasoned cruisers on that ship that give us insight or comparisons! Again...just excited!

Jo

No no no- not rude at all. Just excited and anxious. Nobody here thus far has said they were going to be on this sailing- in fact, not a lot of people have said they would be on the S. Galapagos at all. Lots of people saying next spring perhaps.

I am also very anxious since I have to make final payment in less than 2 weeks. But unless someone has really awful and specific things to say- we are on! Somebody here is going later this fall- we may all need to wait til then to hear (NO!!! Could not bear it!)

We've booked an 11 day package including Quito and Guayaquil and the week on Silver Galapagos. I'm curious if we'll get different treatment. No backpack or water bottle, for instance? I enjoyed 19 days on Silver Cloud but don't think I can compare that level of luxury with Silver G. Anybody else going with General Tours?

No, but since the backpack and water bottle are onboard- I suspect you will get them. Once on board I certainly wouldn't expect any difference in treatment- especially if you are expecting a downgrading of some sort.

Archived