Fort Lauderdale Marina Marriott

ajdegumbia

For anyone interested. This hotel is running a special "Boat & Breakfast Experience" thru 12/17/05. Included is room, breakfast for 2, and watertaxi tickets for 2 for $119.00 per night. I found this on the USAToday website on their Travel page.

Looks like a very attractive offer for anyone wishing to do a pre/post cruise stay.

I went to the usatoday's website called the marriott number listed and tried to make a reservation on line directly from the website. Spoke with reservations and found out they do not have such a package for $119. No luck with the online either. It showed the least expensive to be $139. We are already booked there for one night pre-cruise for a room and breakfast for two for $139. Not a bad deal. Called Marriott Marina in Ft. Lauderdale directly for the reservation.

For those interested. check out the Embassy Suites on 17th St. I just rebooked my room in September for $119 plus taxes. Comes to about $137 and that includes water taxi tickets for a day. They also have a free airport shuttle and have free drinks from 5pm to 7pm daily and also have an awesome free breakfast as well. Just go to EmbassySuites.com

Ado, if it is advertised in USA Today, did you point that out to Marriott when yo called? I would think they would have to honor that advertisement.

Yes, I called the Marriott 800# for reservations and they knew nothing about it. Also, tried it online and still was $139. and up.

Hello, I also called Marriott Marina direct 1-954-463-4000. I already had a reservation and asked if I could change it from the rate of 119.00 just for room to boat and breakfast she said yes and gave me rate of 129.00.

She is sending me confirmation by e-mail. This is great because we were going to do the water taxi anyway and now we get free breakfast both mornings. Thank you for posting. It saved us a few dollars-more for the cruise. Thanks again!

Just recieved conf. from Marriott. Rate is 129.00 however the 139.00 rate includes breakfast water taxi plus upgrade in room plus shuttle to port everglades and 2 cocktails. Thats a pretty good deal also.

Thanks again!

The breakfast buffet is very good and the price is $12.95 pp, so it's a good deal that you got.

I negotiated a group rate for some cruisers this coming September at the Marriott Marina for $105/night. Included breakfast buffet for two and water taxi pass for two. Plus transportation to the ship (don't have to use their shuttle, they were hiring a bus to take everyone over). They extended that rate for up to 3 days before the cruise and 3 days after. No extra charge for 3rd and 4th person sharing room.

And yet, several people complained it was too expensive and switched to the Comfort Inn by the airport! I don't think they've ever stayed at this hotel so they don't realize how nice it is. Oh well, I'll be there!

Marriott has a similar package at the FLL Renaissance. It's $159 for the room, two 'full American' breakfasts and two water taxi tickets. The rate is called "Water Taxi Package."

Another package for $159 doesn't include the water taxi, but includes chocolate covered strawberries, champagne, and room service (or restaurant) breakfast.

Archived