Family activity in Belize - no cave tubing

angel54321

I have been reading on here a lot lately and no Belize is not a city to just wing it.

How about snorkeling? You can do it from shore or go out on a boat.

Ziplines?

Or I would just plan a beach day, if he is interested in that.

I have been reading on here a lot lately and no Belize is not a city to just wing it.

How about snorkeling? You can do it from shore or go out on a boat.

Ziplines?

Or I would just plan a beach day, if he is interested in that.

There's not really "beaches" that you can go to in Belize. You have to take an excursion to an island (like Bannister, Goffs Cay or something like that) if you want to spend a beach day some where.

Yeah, a beach day doesn't seem like the best idea.....

Zip lining wouldn't work with the little guy,

Neither will snorkeling, he can't tolerate it.....

Ugh... We might just have to stay on the boat.... I really have no desire to do that, but I have to figure out what will be interesting for everyone in our family...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

What about the Belize Zoo? We're in a similar situation, but our son is only 3 (not special needs, just a 3 year old so it's hard to plan an excursion). We're considering the Zoo since it's not a long excursion. We have 4 adults and then our son. We're also considering cave tubing because even though you're in caves, you have a headlamp. I *think* he would like it, but I've gotten feedback that we should really consider taking a 3-year old cave tubing. We have all out other ports planned out, but Belize is tricky!

There is a also a semi-sub/beach excursion offered. You go out in a semi-sub and get a close-up of the reef, then they take you to a beach to relax. This excursion is also in consideration, except they keep you at the beach for 3+ hours. So if the kiddo gets bored you're stuck there until your group goes back to the port or ship.

What about the Ruins? Altun Ha with the River Wallace tour sounds fun. That's my plan next trip but no kids with us.

The port has shops and restaurants to hang out for a few hours if you don't want to do an excursion...and then the Ship always has the pool and slides etc. open for those that stay on the ship

Archived