World Voyage Muster Drills Question

Strictly Ballroom

Pmb1, We had the "all clear" yellow notice on our handle as well a few weeks ago although this was for a crew only drill.

I thought I read that each traveling pet had their own crew member assigned to them for emergencies.

Thanks Cunardaddict, that's what I always thought until all these comments came up. We are always in the cabin unpacking and go the direct route to the muster that I've never seen what goes on in the rest of the ship. Maybe it's time to shake things up a bit. :)

brigittetom,

Pmb1, We had the "all clear" yellow notice on our handle as well a few weeks ago although this was for a crew only drill.

Crew members told me that these notices were a post Costa Concordia addition. No surprise there.

I thought I read that each traveling pet had their own crew member assigned to them for emergencies.

Times have changed a lot in the kennels since our cat accompanied us over and back in 2006. See here and here.

Those yellow notices on the cabin doors have been around since before Concordia.
I'm glad to learn that, comforting to know that the enhanced emergency drill on QM2 isn't just a current fad.

Pmb1.....OMG...:eek:

I sure hope rules have changed since 2006. With people like Whitemarsh on board, they wouldn't stand a chance. :)

The only thing that's changed really is where owners collect their pets. I believe the rule about whether or not they actually get into a lifeboat is the same. God only knows what the rule is for getting into the oared life galley of the Fashion Police.

Pmb1, I can't stop thinking about this. The smaller ones come with a carrier so that would solve the behavior problem.....so the issue would be that someone doesn't decide that they're taking up too much room. I personally would hold mine in my lap.......and luckily, with the communications, no one is going to start looking at them funny when starvation sets in. :eek:

Pmb1, I can't stop thinking about this. The smaller ones come with a carrier so that would solve the behavior problem.....so the issue would be that someone doesn't decide that they're taking up too much room. I personally would hold mine in my lap.......and luckily, with the communications, no one is going to start looking at them funny when starvation sets in. :eek:

Same. I wouldn't leave my pet behind.

Same. I wouldn't leave my pet behind.
No pet owner would. I know we wouldn't. I think that this is really a non-problem because QM2 has 22 lifeboats and several dozen Zodiac rafts (enough to accommodate almost twice the total of passengers and crew) but carries at most 12 pets in the kennels. Plenty of room for all.

no pet owner would. I know we wouldn't. I think that this is really a non-problem because qm2 has 22 lifeboats and several dozen zodiac rafts (enough to accommodate almost twice the total of passengers and crew) but carries at most 12 pets in the kennels. Plenty of room for all.

i hope so, for all..........

The only thing that's changed really is where owners collect their pets. I believe the rule about whether or not they actually get into a lifeboat is the same. God only knows what the rule is for getting into the oared life galley of the Fashion Police.

What do you mean?

Archived