Captain Alan tours?

lovetexas

I just checked out their web site. Swimming with the turtles looks amazing. We haven't done this before even though we've been to St. Martin a number of other times.

Hopefully someone will answer who just got back from one of his trips!

We did a tour with him on our last cruise. It was fine, but not sure I would do it again. One, I did not like his girlfriend that does the tour with us. She was rude and very pushy. I also did not like the fact that she makes sandwiches for lunch, but no way to wash her hands properly before she makes the food on the boat. It took forever for us to leave his dock, so we felt like we missed out on 45 min of the excursion that we paid for. They also do a little bit of misleading about the "mud bath". All you do is get off the boat at a beach and he mixes the ocean water with some sand he has in a bucket & you rub the mixture all over your body. I've been to a real mud bath & this is not a mud bath.

We had some great snorkeling spots. We even had lunch (the ones that ate-not us) on the water at Maho Beach & had a commercial plane fly right over us in the water as it was coming in for a landing. That was cool. We had plenty of time at each snorkel spot as well. Never felt rushed.

Again, it was fine, but don't think we would go with him again.

Edited by jennmaybe

He's well liked by repeat visitors. I went on Peggy and Paul's trip over to St Barths during my week on the island, which is a Captain Alan charter, and it was the highlight of our week. The next day we were on an around the island trip in the Quality Time catamaran (another of the Golden Eagle boats). We saw Captain Alan on Tintamarre where half of the boat yelled over to him to say hello.

• 2 months later...

Reporting back...

This was a fun boat trip out to some of the smaller islands around St Marten. We made three stops, 2 to snorkel and the third to stay about an hour at pinal island. We did not see any turtles in fact the snorkeling was a bit disappointing. However the beaches were beautiful. The tour guide was very safety minded and boat trip out and back fun although if you want a smooth ride this is not for you. Think more speed boat bouncing across waves.

We had a great time just did not see many fish. St Martin is not the best place to snorkel and we knew that ahead of time. It was a fun different way to spend the day out on the water rather then on the island. We did the 4 hour tour and still had time for some shopping before heading back to the ship. They arranged for a shuttle to and from the dock so it was easy to get to and from.