Car Rental help

familycruzinnewbie

Hi, we would like to fly into Tampa for a week at the beach with my parents before our cruise out of Miami on the Breeze. While in theory, you can book the car from Tampa to return to Miami, the price can almost double when you do that. Anyone know where I can get a rental without the high price?

I got a pretty good deal with Avis, picking up in Tampa and dropping in Miami for our Feb cruise...I used the AARP rate, since I am old!!

Try Budget using one of these discount codes. Go with the one that yeilds the best value.

Y937800

or

D454300

I just booked my Tampa rental today and used D454300 and saved $264.49 off of a 2 week rental.

When I travelled to Tampa July/Aug, I used Y937800 and got the best deal, so do try both codes. Put them in the BCD box while you are filling in your information.

Good Luck

:)

Hi, we would like to fly into Tampa for a week at the beach with my parents before our cruise out of Miami on the Breeze. While in theory, you can book the car from Tampa to return to Miami, the price can almost double when you do that. Anyone know where I can get a rental without the high price?

Why would the price double? Since there is no drop off fee I don't know why it would.

I just checked Alamo using dates of nov 9-16 just to get prices since I dont know when you are traveling and got s price of $242 all in picking up at tpa and dropping off at mia.

I used carrentals.com which i used earlier today to book a car from tpa to mco for $37 for a full size car for one day

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I don't know what the deal is with the prices being crazy high. My dates are April 19-26. It seems that Tampa airport does not want you taking their cars away from them at that time. Yet if I pick up in Tampa (in town) or Clearwater etc, the price drops from almost $500 to $169. I'm using Costco so there is probably a discount code. I'm facing some crazy airline prices too (dates/times I originally wanted decided to go over $1200 pp) , so I may end up arriving in the evening, at which point we would get a shuttle or something in and pick up the next day (Easter Sunday, so open on quite reduced hours) in Clearwater. Just have to figure taxi/shuttle price for the 4 of us in our math.

Editing to add - Coquina you codes brought it down to the $300 CDN amount, but Oceanlover Car Rentals.com was over $500 for budget and $750 for Alamo, I don't want to go with advantage or the other budget places.

Edited by familycruzinnewbie

• 1 month later...

Y937800 Just saved me $30 off of my previously discounted price. I canceled and rebooked under that code. THANK YOU!

Try Budget using one of these discount codes. Go with the one that yeilds the best value.

Y937800

or

D454300

I just booked my Tampa rental today and used D454300 and saved $264.49 off of a 2 week rental.

When I travelled to Tampa July/Aug, I used Y937800 and got the best deal, so do try both codes. Put them in the BCD box while you are filling in your information.

Good Luck

Y937800

or

D454300

Good Luck

Thank you so much for sharing these. I was surprised at how expensive car rentals were in Florida. I put in the codes and saved almost half!!!

Thank you so much for sharing these. I was surprised at how expensive car rentals were in Florida. I put in the codes and saved almost half!!!

You're Welcome. I'm just paying it forward as I too, received the codes from another CC poster.

OP, my dad lives in Tampa also, and we have done the Tampa to Miami trip many times. Consider the Amtrak train from Tampa to Miami. It is so nice not to have to drive that long route and the tickets are inexpensive and the seats comfy. NCL use to have an Amtrak discount code so Google that.