Visa Application for Turkey

C 2 C

I just completed our visa application for an upcoming sailing out of Istanbul.

Although a visa is not required if a passengers sails into Turkey, a visa is required if one arrives by air.

A note of warning:

The link provided by Celebrity in your edocs provides a link to a website:

https://turkey-evisa.com:7109/Index.aspx that charges $14.99 pp for the application.

The correct address for the government site is (the one I used)

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ is the one that does not charge extra.

Americans pay $20, Canadians $60 plus the Celebrity fee of $14.99 pp if you go to their recommended site.:mad:

You can purchase the visa right at the airport for $20 US. There is an area right before you reach customs. Enjoy Turkey. I was there for 2 weeks this past June and it was wonderful!

You certainly can get it at the airport. The last time I did that it took at least an hour to get through the line. Five flights came in about the same time and only 2 people were behind the glass to accept payment. Could get lucky, but I'll pre purchase next time.

You can purchase the visa right at the airport for $20 US. There is an area right before you reach customs. Enjoy Turkey. I was there for 2 weeks this past June and it was wonderful!

Canadians still have to pay $60 but we wanted to avoid the line after our 10.5 hr flight.

I just hope that the poster "Celebrity Cruises" explains why passengers are directed in their edocs to go to the site that costs a couple an extra $30. :confused:

Archived