Homemade Sangria on Breakaway

Endlesshorizons

We purchased pitchers of GREAT homemade sangria on NCL ships in the past. I'm wondering if anyone knows if this is available on the Breakaway?

Don't know the answer to your question but that sangria is wonderful. We last had it on the Sun. Loved the guys coming around the pool deck with it already made. They sold out quickly. Very good and reasonably priced.

I agree! We would purchase it at the Mexican restaurant on some of the ships. That restaurant no longer exists, but they also served fantastic lobster fajitas! The sangria came in your choice of red or white and was full of fresh fruit! Delicious! I'm hoping to find it on the Breakaway.

I make my own on the ship. We bring a bottle of wine for every day on the ship. Save some OJ from breakfast, gather some fruit of your choice - oranges, grapes, berries, apples, etc,buy a shot of cognac or Grand Marnier from the bar, you can also get cut lemons from bar - mix everything over ice - we usually bring two large drink containers with us - I just mix them in those.

Enjoy!

I make my own on the ship. We bring a bottle of wine for every day on the ship. Save some OJ from breakfast, gather some fruit of your choice - oranges, grapes, berries, apples, etc,buy a shot of cognac or Grand Marnier from the bar, you can also get cut lemons from bar - mix everything over ice - we usually bring two large drink containers with us - I just mix them in those.

Enjoy!

I used to do the same thing is prison.

We love NCL's sangria. In fact, we got a recipe from NCL Sun Las Ramblas some years ago:D. That was back when that Las Ramblas was busier with better tapas and lots of people drinking Sangria and other beverages. That Las Ramblas was no longer such fun on our more recent cruises, but at home the sangria brings back great memories. I can share the recipe if anybody wants it.

I'd love to have the recipe. Please share it!

The original recipe was in ounces, as if making a single glass. I can give the recipe that way if you wish.

We tend to make a pitcher. If you love it, you,ll likely make the bigger batch, too. So, here is the multiplied recipe for a pitcher.

2 cups Red Wine

1/3 cup Brandy

1/2 cup Triple Sec

2 cups Sprite

1 cup Orange juice

1 cup Club Soda

1 Tbs Grenadine

Cubed fruit

serve over ice.

The original recipe was in ounces, as if making a single glass. I can give the recipe that way if you wish.

We tend to make a pitcher. If you love it, you,ll likely make the bigger batch, too. So, here is the multiplied recipe for a pitcher.

2 cups Red Wine

1/3 cup Brandy

1/2 cup Triple Sec

2 cups Sprite

1 cup Orange juice

1 cup Club Soda

1 Tbs Grenadine

Cubed fruit

serve over ice.

Thanks!

Archived