Holland America Wine Policy -

MR NW GUY

Will Holland's new wine policy have any effect on you next cruise selection?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Will Holland's new wine policy have any effect on you next cruise selection?

I don't understand why some people are so upset about the poll. It isn't mandatory. If you don't like the way it was written, don't vote. If the OP was just putting it up out of curiosity, so what, he's curious. Nothing wrong with that. I think the wine drinkers are being rather defensive and a little too sensitive. You sound like smokers!!!:p

I don't either...Completely agree with your post Nana! Knocking another poster for starting a poll actually sounds petty & narrow minded! What are you afraid of?

IMO It is perfectly OK for Mr. NWGUY to satisfy his curiosity & mine too for that matter..If you don't like having the poll then skip it or start another one which you think might change the numbers..

JMO..Betty

Definitely more than one. Look back at old smoking threads and most of those posters have moved on.

If this poll was about smoking, I'm one of those who has put my money where my mouth is:) There are other lines who welcome smokers and I'm sure it's the same for wine drinkers. Make mine red, please.

Are you saying you moved on? I don't agree that most have moved on so I guess we'll agree to disagree. I see most of the vocal ones still cruising on Hal.

I'm sorry but this thread has to be closed. For some reason the level of acrimony stirred up by this thread has become excessive. The large number of inappropriate posts that had to be removed indicates that a civil discussion is, apparently, not possible.

Quoting from our Guidelines,

"These are moderated message boards. What this means is that we do our best to remove all objectionable messages from the boards. It also means that you cannot say whatever you'd like on the forums. If you are looking for an "anything goes" setting, Cruise Critic might not be the place for you. Understand, too, that our community is comprised of folks who LOVE to cruise. It therefore stands to reason that they will have a favorite cruise line or port of call -- in other words, they are "fans" and will sometimes take offense when a brand new member has arrived on the scene to bash a cruise line.

"The harassment of our members is not allowed.

Cruise Critic is committed to providing an online environment that is free from these types of harassing postings.
Please, don't attack another poster or group of posters. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted.
This means: don't say bad things about them... If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person. Postings of this nature will be removed from the boards."

Archived