Directions to Cape Liberty

Hi everyone,

We are driving down from Ontario, Canada for a cruise Sept. 23rd on the Voyager. Any help finding the pier and any suggestions for hotels close to the pier would be appreciated. This is our first time on the Voyager, we were on the Grandeur last year and LOVED it.

Thanks for your help:)

Comet Cruiser

Hi Cantwaittocruize,

My sister and I have been searching the web for places to stay as well. If you want you can send me an email or post on here if you prefer,what hotels you find. I will let you know what we can find. If you want my email let me know ok?

Take care

Comet Cruiser

Fellow Canadian Cruiser:)

The Best Western has a park n cruise rate. I thinkk if you go to parksleepfly.com you can find info.

However, it is really not a great hotel. Needs some work. Also, it's kind of hard to get into and out of.....restaurants are also lacking.

I suggest any of these....located at exit 13A off the NJ turnpike. All are near the Jersey Gardens outlet mall with shopping and restaurants both fast food and a few sit down places.

Courtyard and Residence Inn by marriott Newark/Elizabeth

Country Inn & Suites

Extended Stay america. (that would be my last choice...limited amenities.)

The address for all of these should be Glimcher Realty Way.

I have been in or stayed in all 4 of these......

Any of the places on route 1 & 9 are hard to get in and out of because of traffic. The above are a bit easier.

There is a grocery store about 3 miles away....the trip can take a long time, again, traffic...but the store is ok if you need snacks, water etc.

We recently stayed at the Best wEstern because they offered 10 days free parking rather than the usual 7. I would not suggest it. It is in a poor location and entrance is not well marked. I would look up hotels under Newark Airport. There are several chains. I would then see if they offer free transportation to the port.

Uh-oh.....I had reserved this Best Western for the night before our Voyager cruise based on other info on these boards. What's the problem with the hotel? Is it just not easy to get to? Is it dirty? Is it unsafe? We won't be getting there till almost midnight and are just looking for a place to sleep and leave the car for the cruise...please elaborate :(

Don't sweat it Bernie - for a place to catch a few hours sleep, get the free parking and free shuttle - you can't beat it.

Hell, for the free parking and shuttle I'd even consider it - and we live maybe 30 minutes from port.

Howard

If you are not picky it is ok. I wouldn't stay there, it's just old and a major PIA to get into and out of...the road is very busy. It is right next to the monorail tracks as well.

Look at my post above....all these places are newer, cleaner and easier to get to.

It is right next to the monorail tracks as well.

If the objective is to check in late at night, get a few hours sleep, have free parking and a free shuttle to the ship, I don't see why you have a problem.

Who cares if it's right next to the monorail tracks? To my knowledge, the monorail is electric and doesn't make much noise at all. Did it keep you awake at night? Does it even run later than midnight?

Look at my post above....all these places are newer, cleaner and easier to get to.

None of that really matters if they don't offer free parking and free shuttle. If you are going to have to pay between $50 and $100 for parking at the pier or pay for your shuttle from the hotel to the ship, that's a bit of money. Also, these other places you mention, I'd have to guess since they're so much better they must be charging a higher rate - no? The amenities don't matter if you're checking in at midnight, waking up in the morning and heading to port. I also seriously doubt that at midnight there are going to be any problems getting in as the roads will surely not be busy.

I'm not looking to argue on this, just saying that if all you want is a few hours sleep and the free parking/shuttle you can't beat the Best Western.

Howard

whoa.....

why all the hostility? We're not talking about chair hogs or sneaking booze on board, for crying out loud ;)

Many thanks for putting my mind back at ease...

Hi, we stayed at Springhill Suites By Mariott, across from Newark airport and was a great place to spend a couple of nights. Hotel is very clean and has spacious rooms, free internet conection and also, on the firts floor, across from the pool, there are computers where you can get on line at no charge. Breakfast was included and the staff was amazing everything they did was with a smile. Also we got restaurant menu's from the front desk and they delivered. There is no restaurant in the hotel but Marriot Court Yard is only about 3 min. walk and they have a restaurant plus there are a couple of restaurants that offer complimentary shutle to and from the hotel. Parking is free and you can only access the parking lot by using your room card (key). We talked to front desk associate and they told us we can leave our car at the hotel for no charge for the 10 days we were on the cruise. We opted to drive to the port and park there, about 10 minutes drive from the hotel.n I hope this helps and sorry for the long msg. If you need anymore info please let me know. Happy sailing.

Hi Comet

What part of Ontario are you from? Here is my email pcaa@rogers.com.

I would really like to book into the Best Western in Newark, because of the free parking and the shuttle service to the port. We just need a place to sleep for one night, and leave our car. The only question I need answered is, is it clean?!?!

Thanks for your help...I cant wait to cruize!! :p

***CANTWAIT2CRUIZE***

Archived