Transferring from airport to cruise port

i was curious if ground transfers are arranged by the cruise line to get you from the plane to the boat?

is this something i have to arrange? does it cost extra?

i plan to arrive in barcelona on saturday morning/midday and the ship doesn't sail intil sunday late afternoon.

am i still eligible for a ground transfer or do i have to make my own way there?

thanks!

i was curious if ground transfers are arranged by the cruise line to get you from the plane to the boat?

i plan to arrive in barcelona on saturday morning/midday and the ship doesn't sail intil sunday late afternoon.

am i still eligible for a ground transfer or do i have to make my own way there?

thanks!

Cruise line transfers are not included in your cruise fare. The cruise line generally does not offer transfers to those arriving earlier than the day of the cruise. However, if you are doing a pre-cruise stay in a hotel booked through the cruise line, then that will usually include transfers to the ship.

I would check on the Spain ports forum for info on transportation to the port:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=596

We've stayed in Barcelona before a cruise, and just used a taxi to get from the airport to the hotel, and again 2 days later to get to the ship from the hotel. The cost from the airport to the hotel was around 30 Euros, and less than 20 Euros from the hotel to the ship.

thanks!

If you have arranged your flights with RCI and so basically a package, you should get transfers from/to the airport as long as you are arriving on the day of sailing and departing from the airport on the same day as the cruise ends.

We have them included in our upcoming sailing from Venice and have had them previously when flying into Orlando with flights arranged with RCI.

If you have arranged your flights with RCI and so basically a package, you should get transfers from/to the airport as long as you are arriving on the day of sailing and departing from the airport on the same day as the cruise ends.

We have them included in our upcoming sailing from Venice and have had them previously when flying into Orlando with flights arranged with RCI.

Nope, here in Germany the transfer is not automatically included anymore when you book the flights with RCI. Used to be... but for our upcoming trip on the Navigator the transfer from Rome airport to Civitavecchia is not included and would have been 75 Euros pP(one way).

steamboats

I have booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral for next year. My husband and I plan to book our own flight to Orlando on Southwest. We plan to come the day before the cruise since there will not be an early enough flight and spend the night in a hotel. The hotel has a free airport shuttle. Will we still be able to get a transfer the day of the cruise if the hotel shuttle drops us back off at the airport on cruise day?

I have booked a cruise out of Port Canaveral for next year. My husband and I plan to book our own flight to Orlando on Southwest. We plan to come the day before the cruise since there will not be an early enough flight and spend the night in a hotel. The hotel has a free airport shuttle. Will we still be able to get a transfer the day of the cruise if the hotel shuttle drops us back off at the airport on cruise day?

Yes, you can go back to the airport if you are set on using the cruise line shuttle. Personally, I'd rather rent a car, drive to the port, have a nice dinner on the channel, and spend the night at the port. Then drop the car at the rental car agency the next morning and take the free rental car shuttle to the terminal.

Archived