Souvenir Menus

rosinryanz

On our Rio-Seattle cruise with the Amsterdam this past April, they charged us $10.00us for a package of souvenir Menus. I must say that they (menus) arrived wraped with a ribbon.:D Happy Sailings...Leslie Swiger:)

On our recent Maasdam cruise (june 18) formal night menus were rolled and ribboned on the table for us to keep as souvenirs.

Suite pax get copies of the menus daily but this is the first time I've seen them given in the dining room. I don't know if it was just the Maasdam, or if all the HAL ships are doing this.

GN

On our recent Maasdam cruise (june 18) formal night menus were rolled and ribboned on the table for us to keep as souvenirs.

Suite pax get copies of the menus daily but this is the first time I've seen them given in the dining room. I don't know if it was just the Maasdam, or if all the HAL ships are doing this.

GN

I seem to remember they did that on Veendam last January. I think it's very nice....I enjoy seeing the white roll with the ribbon when we arrive at the table.

We used to get the whole set of menus on the last evening of the cruise...but recently this seems to have been discontinued for the majority of cruisers (didn't realize that the suite paz still got them)...hubby always enjoyed looking thru them 'in-between' cruises. We certainly didn't get them last fall when we were on the Oosterdam. Maybe with the rising cost of everything...some things just had to be cut out...

Happy cruising!

I'd like to see HAL shake up the menus every once in awhile. I know they added the comfort foods and one or two other changes, but basically we can look at the appetizers on any particular evening and tell you what 90% of the rest of the menu is going to be without even looking. It's the same appetizers paired with the same soups paired with the same entrees over and over year after year.

Since we only have been cruising on HAL the last few years it would be fun to have a few surprises to look forward to in the dining room. ;)

Good Morning to you, too, Dutchman. :)

Don't get me wrong; I would rather be cruising and in the HAL dining room than here at home! But, when you have practically memorized the menus course by course it would be fun to see a change sometime- not in the food itself necessarily, but in the way it is scheduled if nothing else. We find we have the exact same meal over and over. If it's Saturday I know it will be Cream of Mushroom soup. ;)

Well Peaches, when I really go to work for HAL like some folks think I already do....I'll see what I can do to get that changed just for you! Would you like to go to Alaska next year with the Cruisers??? We would live to have you with us!

Oh dear, I'm so flattered, but we are already booked on the Volendam. Maybe you all could switch- we love Barbershop and my DH is a great bass, so it you needed an alternate.... ;)

OT: Do you live near 92? I am just off 92 to the east of you and there is another CC regular just to your west.

Good Morning to you, too, Dutchman. :)

Don't get me wrong; I would rather be cruising and in the HAL dining room than here at home! But, when you have practically memorized the menus course by course it would be fun to see a change sometime- not in the food itself necessarily, but in the way it is scheduled if nothing else. We find we have the exact same meal over and over. If it's Saturday I know it will be Cream of Mushroom soup. ;)

We found the menus on our Maasdam cruises to have changes...things we did not recognize from the past.

Saturday night had no Cream of Spinach Soup. There was Braodway Basil Tomato, New England Seafood Bouillabaisse and Chilled Blueberry...actually, we saw Cream of Four Mushrooms Soup on Friday, 6-17. :)

NO meatload or mac and cheese. The comfort foods seem to happily have disappeared.... ;) I don't think they were wildly popular.

While some excellent IMO changes have been made, I miss a few of the things I consistently enjoyed from the past.

I'm happy to see new menus. The old ones were starting to get very old for us.

We found the menus on our Maasdam cruises to have changes...things we did not recognize from the past.

Saturday night had no Cream of Spinach Soup. There was Braodway Basil Tomato, New England Seafood Bouillabaisse and Chilled Blueberry...actually, we saw Cream of Four Mushrooms Soup on Friday, 6-17. :)

NO meatload or mac and cheese. The comfort foods seem to happily have disappeared.... ;) I don't think they were wildly popular.

While some excellent IMO changes have been made, I miss a few of the things I consistently enjoyed from the past.

I'm happy to see new menus. The old ones were starting to get very old for us.

Sail,

Any chance you are going to finish posting the menus from your cruise. I noticed in the menus that you posted, there were many changes from prior cruises. I was really looking forward to seeing the rest of the menus.

Also, can you tell me when the formal nights were and when the Salmon Bake was on your Boston to Montreal portion? I am going in August and have really appreciated all the help and information that you have provided.

Thanks,

I'm happy some of my posts have provided you with useful information.

The Salmon Bake on the Boston to Montreal Itinerary was on Thursday and it was delicious!! We really enjoyed it.

Interesting that the comfort foods are gone. I did not think they would last long.

We will not be in a suite on ROTTERDAM next month - I will try to remember to ask ask our waiter to save the menus and see what happens.

HAL did used to give out free souvenir menus to all pax but I do not think this has been done for some years now.

Archived