Roll Calls

C 2 C

During the move, apparently, I can't post to the Roll Call board...even to the new location...

I'm sure it will be worked out EVENTUALLY...

BUT...I leave for my cruise TOMORROW MORNING at 6:30 am!!!!

Would really love to get info about cruise director and Captain's club hostess... We're sailing Constellation in Oct. We did the Baltic on the Century... Have a great voyage

Hi Steve:) have a wonderful cruise. Maybe they will all be transferred by later today...and you are on the West Coast, so you have an extra 3 hours yet;)

Indeed, VERY helpful this new way. Previously, I could use the board's "search engine", specify the word "Galaxy" in the subject line, and still get all kinds of threads without "Galaxy" anywhere to be found in the subject line. This new method at least cleans that problem up. I'm trying to imagine sitting there and manually shuffling that many threads -- and it did sound like Laura was doing a fair bit of it manually.

NOW, if we could just get people to read the instructions for creating a proper subject line so the searches weren't still harder than they need to be!

NOW, if we could just get people to read the instructions for creating a proper subject line so the searches weren't still harder than they need to be!

What's an instruction? ;)

Is that something you read when all else fails? :cool:

C 2 C, Ill try to remember to talk about the CD and Social Hostess in my review when I get back...stay tuned here...

Everyone, thanks for the good wishes...

NOW, if we could just get people to read the instructions for creating a proper subject line...

One of my pet peeves is how many roll calls are titled like...

"July 20 Zenith VERY EARLY roll call"

or

"Mercury-10/31/05-Too Early?"

That later one is a real thread on the roll call board and it now has over 2,000 posts! Apparently it is no longer too early...

Even though it MAY be "very early" when these people start these threads, at some point, when the cruise is only days away, it looks rather silly to entitle them "very early"...

These Roll Calls should merely be name of ship, date and where to...the fact it's a roll call should be obvious as well...

And then there's the roll calls people start for the "Sumit", the "Infiniti", the Milennium", "Millenium" or "Milenium", the Constallation or others...It's hard to do a search on bad spelling...

These Roll Calls should merely be name of ship, date and where to...the fact it's a roll call should be obvious as well...

Actually, I believe the rules request it be limited to just ship name and date without even mentioning the itinerary. My recollection is that it was "shipname MM/DD/YY" and that was it! Might do us all some good to go back and check the guidelines for thread naming on that stuff.

"Where to"? Heck, if a person doesn't already know where they're going, should they be posting???;)

"Where to"? Heck, if a person doesn't already know where they're going, should they be posting???;)

There seems to be about 10 views for every post. If I'm looking for info about a certain cruise, I like to check earlier sailings for the same destination... For that reason I like destination info associated with the date.... Other info like let's party, or really early etc. is a waste or merely confusing..

If there was a preset format under roll calls "NEW".... Such as... enter ship name or pick from this list, and only a date entry allowed... then everything would be uniform...

I love the new format. Thank you so much LauraS.

Even tho' I thought it was great that cruisemates were keeping in touch after their cruise on the roll call board, it used to be so frustrating to have to dig through them to find an upcoming cruise.

This certainly helps make that search much easier. Thanks again, it must have been an awful lot of work.

As other posters have mentioned, if we can only get thread titles uniform it would be perfect..... :cool:

Archived