Internet log off

gwcruzer

No, but it's mostly the same except for one ship. For Allure of the Seas, you bring up a web browser and go to logout.com or logoff.com (they both work). It's very easy.

For the other ships, there's a more complicated URL you need to bookmark to disconnect from the wifi. The ship may have a sheet offering details about the wifi service including that URL.

I just realized you said "Internet cafe". If you're referring to the workstations that are onboard, then I think they're pretty standard and there was an easy way to log off when you were done.

My information in the preceding post was about using the ship's wifi service.

I just realized you said "Internet cafe". If you're referring to the workstations that are onboard, then I think they're pretty standard and there was an easy way to log off when you were done.

My information in the preceding post was about using the ship's wifi service.

I was referring to the ships wifi service. I just got off of the explorer and I have the "complicated" URL bookmarked. I really wanted to know if the web page that I have bookmarked to log off will work on the Oasis.

Thank you for your response.

Gail

I think it will. I seem to recall that it was, at the least, very similar. What I'm not positive about is the IP address.

In any case, I've used old logoff URLs on my iPad on different ships and I think they did work.

I think it will. I seem to recall that it was, at the least, very similar. What I'm not positive about is the IP address.

In any case, I've used old logoff URLs on my iPad on different ships and I think they did work.

Thanks again.

I just noticed that we were practically neighbors. We used to live in Upper St. Clair. We moved out to the country after our kids graduated high school.

A warning!!! I have a MacBook Pro and have had problems logging off in the past when using the wifi, most recently last month on Freedom. Guest services actually had a special little pamphlet with specific logoff instructions for Mac users - assume this would also apply to iPads. (I'm not sure about Ipads though as I've never accessed the wifi with the Ipad.) I can't remember if the issue was with the Mac OS or with Safari, but somehow the logoff screen disappeared, never to be found again, after I logged on. And my old logoff bookmark (used on Navigator in April) didn't work on Freedom.

So if you're using a Mac, get the info before you log onto the wifi the first time. (It'll save you a trip to GS...running at breakneck speed...to find out how to log off before all your minutes disappear!:eek:)

Judy

Thanks again.

I just noticed that we were practically neighbors. We used to live in Upper St. Clair. We moved out to the country after our kids graduated high school.

The logoff URL for Jewel last summer was NOT the same as my logoff URL on Freedom this summer.

That's a statistically insignificant "n" of 2, but...

On Freedom, there were brochures at the Internet Cafe with the logoff instructions. In their wonderfully antiquated system, you have to first create a wifi account on a wired workstation at the Internet Cafe, so the brochures were there. On Jewel last summer, no such luck; had to get the logoff URL from Guest Services.

Consistent inconsistency is one of the charms of RCI...

The logoff URL for Jewel last summer was NOT the same as my logoff URL on Freedom this summer.

That's a statistically insignificant "n" of 2, but...

On Freedom, there were brochures at the Internet Cafe with the logoff instructions. In their wonderfully antiquated system, you have to first create a wifi account on a wired workstation at the Internet Cafe, so the brochures were there. On Jewel last summer, no such luck; had to get the logoff URL from Guest Services.

Consistent inconsistency is one of the charms of RCI...

On the explorer I also had to create an account on their wired computer before I could use my iPad. There were no instructions. I had to get the URL from guest services. I saved the bookmark and was hoping it would work for me on the Oasis. I guess I will ask the concierge for the

URL.

Gail

A warning!!!

So if you're using a Mac, get the info before you log onto the wifi the first time. (It'll save you a trip to GS...running at breakneck speed...to find out how to log off before all your minutes disappear!:eek:)

Judy

I think you know me!

I will definitely delete my saved URL

Thanks again.

Just up the road from us, eh? We thought about Upper St. Clair when we moved here, but ended up on the other side of the county line where it's a bit cheaper. :)

I think you know me!

I will definitely delete my saved URL

On Freedom they had the Mac instructions at Guest Services and I think also in the computer lounge. (Of course I didn't see the Mac one when I went there to set up my log-in...:o....I just picked up the generic pamphlet about the ship internet which was no help with the logoff!) I'd bet the Concierge has it too.

Have a great cruise!

Judy

In case you forget all of the above (which I am utterly capable of doing), when I realized I didn't know how to logoff from my iPad the first time, I just googled "royal caribbean wifi logoff" and found the URL within moments. No dashing to guest services!

In case you forget all of the above (which I am utterly capable of doing), when I realized I didn't know how to logoff from my iPad the first time, I just googled "royal caribbean wifi logoff" and found the URL within moments. No dashing to guest services!

THAT is actually way too funny (and simple)!

If you copy and save this as a book mark/favorite it should work on the newer systems. I already deleted the old bookmark for the un-refurbished ships. This link does not work from home and will take you nowhere unless you are on a ship.

http://appdb.rccl.com/ekgnkm/Wireless_Status_Popup.asp?DO_LOGOFF=YES (you need to click this link to see the entire address since I have CC set to shorten it with the dots in the middle)

When in doubt they always have the address available at guest services which you can manually type in to your device. Their own log off screen doesn't always work on all ships at all times. That's why it's important to have the address saved as a back up way to log off. Clicking it while logged off already will take you back to the log on screen - but only after you connect to the system from your wifi long in screen if required, as is the case with an iPhone.

Gina

Archived