MTD Group Reservation

I'm looking for a little reassurance. We have a group of 13 with linked reservations all set for MTD.

I called pre-cruise planning today to set up our reservation for MTD. I know we're too many for one table and asked for one table of 6 and another for 7.

The only times available are 5:45 and 7:30. Neither of those are acceptable (5:45 is too early and 7:30 would interfere with show times plus we have a toddler sailing w/us). We want something closer to 6:30. The rep told me to go directly to the Maitre'D when we board to set up our time. She said it shouldn't be a problem.

Should I be concerned with this process?

Thanks,

Cathy

They rarely have the most popular times available for advance reservations.....do as they said....when you board, stop by the dining room and take care of it then. Large groups SHOULD make reservations, as larger parties are harder to seat. For those with 2 or 4 people, walking up shouldn't be a problem!

You can also try sending an email request to [noparse]rcldining@rccl.com.[/noparse] Some folks have reported success getting MTD times with this process.

Thanks Bob! I'll do just that!!

To Jiffymom, I called this morning for our March 9th cruise. The last time I checked (a week or two ago), reservations weren't available. They were today.

Cathy

UPDATE! Thank you Bob for the suggestion of emailing RCCL directly. It worked!

I sent the email last night with our names and booking numbers and the accomodations we'd like. Just got an email back from an administrator telling me all 13 of us are confirmed for 6:30. He could not confirm table size but said just to check in with the hostess when we go to dinner and they would accommodate us.

:D

Cathy

UPDATE! Thank you Bob for the suggestion of emailing RCCL directly. It worked!

I sent the email last night with our names and booking numbers and the accomodations we'd like. Just got an email back from an administrator telling me all 13 of us are confirmed for 6:30. He could not confirm table size but said just to check in with the hostess when we go to dinner and they would accommodate us.

:D

Cathy

Glad it worked out. Bob is always spot on with his advice.

Archived