Few thoughts - just off the Pride

FirstAlto

Jane,

I believe the cruiseline made the arrangements for the interpreters to be on the cruise. Another daughter and myself, along with my deaf daughter and son-in-law, were on a cruise all together a few years ago. We were on RC that cruise. My daughter just emailed RC and told them she and DH were deaf, and needed an interpreter. RC took it from there. Soon after we boarded the ship, the interpreters (they always have 2, so they can relieve each other) found us, and introduced themselves. Told us they would attend all the shows, be available to interpret at dinner, and also accompany us on any tours we might take. We had our own little reserved space, in the theatre, where my daughter and SIL could easily see, both the stage and the interpreter. They did an awesome job. I am assuming Carnival handled things much the same way. I talked with the interpreters, and found out they got the cruise free, and also got paid to take it. Very nice work, if you can get it. :D:

That is a wonderful thing for the cruiselines to provide :o

Jane

No, I'm sorry to say I didn't see them, I did wonder about the sign language ladies.

You would have been tickled if you had seen them - during one of the shows the CD Kirk was talking a mile a minute ( his usual speed ) and man, those interpreter's hands were FLYING !!:):)

Was that something the cruiseline arranged, or did they need to do that on their own?

Glad they enjoyed their cruise - we couldn't have had any better weather and the seas were smooth as silk- good as it gets !!:D:D

I love, LOVE the CD Kirk. He had me laughing every morning while watching his morning show. Did he have his sidekick "Sassy" with him?

Archived