How do you use the concierge?

Archaegeo

Agree. Maritza was the absolute best. She went above and beyond on numerous occasions! If the rest of the concierge's were half as good as she was then there would be no complaints. LOL

Unfortunately we always have that feeling on OA and AL. I believe that even with the 2 concierge on those ships they just have too many folks/obligations. I remember our first cruise on OA we supposedly had "the cream of the crop" concierges (except for Maritza). We were not impressed at all. They didn't speak to us the whole week. Not even "hello" or "goodbye". However, it has been the same on all of our other OA / AL voyages. On the last one, the concierges would still be at the desk working at 11:00 pm every evening. I think they just don't have time to mingle as much as they do on other ships even though there are waiters, etc dealing with the food and drinks in the CL. There are so many more cabins, so many more specialty restaurants that need reservations, so many shows that need reservations, etc. It appears to me that they have a much larger task than on the other ships.

We also thought that because of a larger ship they would be more busy but they most of the time just sat chatting among themselves and the lounge was not super busy in the evenings. They could have alternated to come around just to say hello and if anyone needed anything. I have seen cl much busier on other ships we were on and cl always found time to come around. We did not ask for one thing this past week from them.

We also thought that because of a larger ship they would be more busy but they most of the time just sat chatting among themselves and the lounge was not super busy in the evenings. They could have alternated to come around just to say hello and if anyone needed anything. I have seen cl much busier on other ships we were on and cl always found time to come around. We did not ask for one thing this past week from them.

I do not disagree with you at all. On the other hand, we also have to keep in mind that they are not only serving the guests currently onboard but also dealing with sending out emails to upcoming suite guests as well as replying to emails that they are receiving from upcoming guests (the next week or even months down the road). In no way am I saying it wouldn't be nice if they "visited" the guests...just stating that I don't necessarily think it is because they don't want to or aren't willing to.

We are D+ and have the privilege of having access to the concierge who is always very considerate, helpful and caring. This is often, even though they are always very busy with suite guests, some of whom demand 'their paid for time' who may be on their first or second cruise. We know from personal experience that loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers are much less demanding than those cruisers who think they have a right to the service.

I do not disagree with you at all. On the other hand, we also have to keep in mind that they are not only serving the guests currently onboard but also dealing with sending out emails to upcoming suite guests as well as replying to emails that they are receiving from upcoming guests (the next week or even months down the road). In no way am I saying it wouldn't be nice if they "visited" the guests...just stating that I don't necessarily think it is because they don't want to or aren't willing to.

Unfortunately it´s sites like this, making their email widely public available and some People encouraging to email the Concierge, adding to the Problem. I always thought it´s unfair to the current guests onboard to email the Concierge ahead of them contacting me. I think they should concentrate on their current guests and prepare for next cruise guests, but not have to be distracted by those coming weeks/month ahead.

I rarely even ask for anything when they contact me. I think the only time I actually ask for something was when I told them to have the beds seperated in the cabin. This was more thinking aobut the cabin attendant not have to Change it on first nights turn down, than to convenience me.

Get us reservations for shows that were sold out.

Check on an issue with charges on our SeaPass card.

Arrange for beer/wine/snacks to our room for a pre-dinner get together with our table mates.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

How were you charged for the beer, wine and snacks to your suite? We are thinking of hosting a get together in our suite next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

We are D+ and have the privilege of having access to the concierge who is always very considerate, helpful and caring. This is often, even though they are always very busy with suite guests, some of whom demand 'their paid for time' who may be on their first or second cruise. We know from personal experience that loyal Royal Caribbean cruisers are much less demanding than those cruisers who think they have a right to the service.

I have to disagree with this. I found that one group of people in particular, were hogging the concierge every evening when we used the concierge lounge and none of them were suite guests. They kept stressing the fact that they were D+ at every given opportunity.

Unfortunately it´s sites like this, making their email widely public available and some People encouraging to email the Concierge, adding to the Problem. I always thought it´s unfair to the current guests onboard to email the Concierge ahead of them contacting me. I think they should concentrate on their current guests and prepare for next cruise guests, but not have to be distracted by those coming weeks/month ahead.

I rarely even ask for anything when they contact me. I think the only time I actually ask for something was when I told them to have the beds seperated in the cabin. This was more thinking aobut the cabin attendant not have to Change it on first nights turn down, than to convenience me.

I have found that most Concierge's answer their emails during times that guests are not in the lounge. For example, Concierge hours on the AOS are 8am-11am - not many guests in the lounge during those hours, so it would not take time away from existing guests to respond to the email queries of future guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

Not entirely true...this was the first cruise we didn't receive a pre-cruise e-mail from these concierge's...Our lounge was very low key and not very crowded during each of the evening hours we were in and out of there from 5-7:00pm even my DH would sometimes go for a last call drink around 8:00pm...and many times they were just sitting behind the desk talking between themselves...they never appeared to be overwhelmed with work...Just way too comfortable in their position at the expense of almost ignoring their guests except for the occasional "hello/goodbye". No excuses for this lack of service. We have seen other concierges in the CL & DL work their butts off and still make time to check on their guests.

So what is the concierge really useful for?

I don't want to be demanding but paying the extra for a suite if there are things he or she can do for us that we wouldn't normally experience, I am curious about that as well,

So what use do you find for the concierge when you book a suite?

JD on the Radiance was wonderful he couldn't do enough for all the guest. He made everyone feel they were the only one he was there to help and nothing was ever to much trouble. My father in-law broke the screw in his glasses and when we asked him if he knew "where we could get them fix in port the next day?". He said "leave it with me" and got them fixed in town for us and it was Christmas Eve. And when we asked him how much he said it cost nothing and he was just happy he could get them fixed. (We gave him a big tip at the end of the cruise).

On the Voyager the concierge spent the whole cruise looking after this one family. At first we thought they must of been staying in the Royal suite because she was bending over backwards to help them. But we met the lovely family staying in the Royal suite and they couldn't get anywhere near her either.

Not entirely true...this was the first cruise we didn't receive a pre-cruise e-mail from these concierge's...Our lounge was very low key and not very crowded during each of the evening hours we were in and out of there from 5-7:00pm even my DH would sometimes go for a last call drink around 8:00pm...and many times they were just sitting behind the desk talking between themselves...they never appeared to be overwhelmed with work...Just way too comfortable in their position at the expense of almost ignoring their guests except for the occasional "hello/goodbye". No excuses for this lack of service. We have seen other concierges in the CL & DL work their butts off and still make time to check on their guests.

This is what we observed. They just sat there with no interest in guests at all. The lounge to our surprise was not too busy. The only time I saw them busier is on the last day because they were printing boarding passes for people.

This is what we observed. They just sat there with no interest in guests at all. The lounge to our surprise was not too busy. The only time I saw them busier is on the last day because they were printing boarding passes for people.

I didn't even see them doing that on the last night...I printed my own boarding passes...at that point I didn't care to ask them for anything.

At least they didn't make a last ditch effort on the last night to socialize...that would have really ticked us off...They stayed true to their usual uninterested demeanor :rolleyes:

I didn't even see them doing that on the last night...I printed my own boarding passes...at that point I didn't care to ask them for anything.

At least they didn't make a last ditch effort on the last night to socialize...that would have really ticked us off...They stayed true to their usual uninterested demeanor :rolleyes:

We did not even show up on the last night. We just made sure to tip our concierge waiter the night before. My husband was also disappointed with them because out of all our cruises this was the first time we saw such indifference.

I saw them earlier in the day print a boarding pass.

Archived