Mariner or Radiance?

I'm trying to decide on two different cruises, either the Mariner or the Radiance. Which ship would any of you prefer and why? We have never been on either of these classes of ship. We have only been on the Grandeur, Sovereign and Empress. Do either compare to the ships I've been on?

Guest cruzr44

I have been on Enchantment (Grandeur sister ship) and the Radiance. I really liked the Enchantment, but LOVE the Radiance. Beautiful ship. I have yet to try a Voyager class so can't compare but have read they (Radiance class and Voyager class) are totally different experiences. I chose the Radiance to try first as the price was much lower than the Voyager. I will be able to compare come February. It really depends on what you are looking for as far as which ship to pick. The itinerary, the port is leaves from, price, size of the ship and what is has to offer. Pool tables and lots of glass on Radiance or ice skating, inline skating and MEGA of the Mariner.

I've been on the Explorer and the Grandeur and the Enchantment. The Explorer was more like an all inclusive resort experience with all the extra attractions and things to do. The Grandeur and the Enchantment were more gracious and I felt more "cruisy" on them.

I hope this makes sense.

My husband and I have sailed on the Mariner and Radiance and preferred the Radiance because of its smaller size. It seems to be better laid out (easier to get from one to place another) and there just aren't as many people to deal with. Both ships are gorgeous with plenty to do. You'll have a great time on either one.

I (43yo) did Radiance with DH(43yo), and Navigator with 3 (12yo, 15yo, 16yo)kids. Would do it the exact same way again! Navigator was bigger and had more area for the kids to enjoy, Radiance was just alittle smaller but alot more elegant!

Enjoyed BOTH!

LOVED the Radiance!

A~:D

We just got off the Mariner and will be getting on the Jewel (Radiance class) next month. We enjoy both classes of ship but they provide quite different cruise experiences. Overall, we prefer Radiance class ships because you never lose a connection with the outside and with the sea. Voyager class ships, while they have all the bells and whistles and provide a great experience, seem designed to draw you inside the ship where, many times, it is easy to forget that you are on the ocean. Even the concierge lounge on Voyager class ships is an interior room. On Radiance class ships it looks out on the ocean. Both classes of the ship offer unique experiences and depending on what you are looking for, you won't go wrong choosing either one.

If you are familiar with Vision Class ships, consider the Radiance class as an improved version with many additional features (such as Chops, Portofino etc.) missing on Vision ships. Voyager class ships are truly unique and defy comparison with their predecessors.

We have been on the Radiance, Jewel, Mariner, Adventure and Explorer----we much prefer the Mariner--no question. All of our friends also prefer the Voyager class ships!!

We just returned from two weeks on the Jewel (also we were on the Jewel in Feb) and all said we were not going on the Radiance class again. I guess that's why they have all the different classes---something for everyone!!!

Tootsie

If cruising with chidren, especially 6 and over, I think the kids will generally prefer a Voyager class ship. I would guess an accurate survey would conclude 90% of kids would prefer a Voyager class to smaller ships and I suspect Freedom of the Seas and its future sister ships will rate even higher with kids.

Thank you all for your opinions. We are taking our 14 year old daughter, but she is very easy to please. She loved the Grandeur even though there wasn't anyone for her to hang around with. I love to see the ocean, so I might be leaning to the Radiance. Plus, the Radiance is 8 days. But, I'm sure I would enjoy the Mariner too. Since they both go to where we want to cruise, it is going to be a hard decision.

Archived