Car Hire at Noumea

prong

I was thinking about hiring a car at Noumea to explore is this a good idea or not.

I thought about it but given they drive on the opposite side of the road and you dont always have your Land Legs when you get off I decided it wasnt worth it.

I Drive in USA on the other side of the road when I visit but wouldnt jump in a hire car after getting straight off a cruise ship.

It's not that big a place and they have a number of easy choices like the tour buses. However, if you want there is also car rental right at the cruise terminal, and they also hire nice little buggies.

The other options will be cheaper, but if you want to do it, it's possible.

The roads themselves are reasonable, as is traffic; it's not quiet, but not crazy either.

HI Fiona do you remember how much it cost might do that instead thanks for the info.

From memory it was about $70. It wasn't real flash. A little bomb we called it, it was a little Renault. About 100years old. Lol. (But did the job. ) that Inc. insurance and we didn't even have to replace petrol. I have pics of it but I am not clever enough to post them. When you get off the ship it is just outside the terminal (still in the building) they also have motorbikes etc. another time we hired a few scoot cars(from same place) they were the best fun, again we went for miles, seats 2 in each , we hired 4 of them, a bit like a dune buggy to look at if you can picture. Fiona

Edited by tassie cruiser

• 2 months later...