Zuiderdam/Hurricane Dennis

HAL92

I live in the Fort Lauderdale area, and the local news station just showed a picture of two ships docked at Port Everglades this morning, one being the Zuiderdam. They were interviewing people who just got off a cruise ship and said that the ship went 90 miles from the eye of the storm last night, endured 40-foot swells, all the passengers were sick, and the decor and china were moving all over the place on the ship. This could have been the Zuiderdam or the other ship docked next to it(I don't know what ship this is). Does anyone know if the ship that these people cruised on is the Zuiderdam? And if so, does anyone know if the Zuiderdam sustaied any damage to the hull or the interiors?

I was on the Zuiderdam...it was quite rocky overnight, felt like we needed to strap in...but I didn't know of any damage or sick passengers. The ship docked next to us was the Empress of the Seas. I didn't see anyone being interviewed either.

I was on the Zuiderdam...it was quite rocky overnight, felt like we needed to strap in...but I didn't know of any damage or sick passengers. The ship docked next to us was the Empress of the Seas. I didn't see anyone being interviewed either.
Welcome Home! Glad you all arrived safely :) Hope you were still able to enjoy your cruise :)

In no way did the rocking affect my time at all...just added a bit of excitement. And since our flight today wasn't until 5pm, the delay worked out ok because i'd rather wait in the cabin than at the airport.

I do know that there were several people who were really upset about missing their early flights.

The weather was just fine the rest of the week (rained a bit the first day in Fort Lauderdale), but picture perfect every other day (maybe a bit hot)

I was on the Zuiderdam 7-2 to 7-9 and Friday night was quite rocky and very windy and raining. At 5am the harbor master told the captain that Port Everglade was closed and that we would be advised when we could come into the port. At approximately 8:15am we met the harbor pilot and were brought into the port with the help of two tugs. We were not able to disembark until almost 11am causing us to miss our flight back to Tampa. We were fortunate enough to be able to get on the 1pm flight.

Even though we missed our stop in the Keys, for the most part the cruise was wonderful.

Archived