Who knows about the Carnival ships?

suntanzi

I usually use RC but now that I have a 2 year old am wanting to book Carnival instead of put the pressure to get potty trained by a certain date on my daughter.

So, I am not familiar with their ships. Which ones are the newest? Biggest/best? In your opinion, of course! :)

The newest ships are the Spirit Class, and the Conquest class. The latter is the largest Carnival has, while the Spirit class are more intimate and functional. IMO, of course!

Spirit class includes:

Spirit

Pride

Legend

Miracle

Conquest Class includes:

Conquest

Glory

Valor

Liberty (their latest)

Now, all you need do is marry one of these up to your favorite itinerary, or choose something new.

Enjoy!

Hi Tanzi. Now that Pete has answered your question, I'm just curious - What does potty training your DD have to do with which cruiseline?:D

oh, lol, as far as my research has shown, Carnival has the only daycare centers that will take kids in diapers. :)

The newest ships are the Spirit Class, and the Conquest class. The latter is the largest Carnival has, while the Spirit class are more intimate and functional. IMO, of course!

Spirit class includes:

Spirit

Pride

Legend

Miracle

Conquest Class includes:

Conquest

Glory

Valor

Liberty (their latest)

Now, all you need do is marry one of these up to your favorite itinerary, or choose something new.

Enjoy!

Thanks!! I had heard of the new one that will do the Med itinerary, wish they had that last year. I did the RC Splendour and loved the trip but missed my baby so much that I said I wouldn't cruise without her again til she is much older. :)

missed my baby so much that I said I wouldn't cruise without her again til she is much older. :)

I know the feeling. We took a cruise without my then 2 year old. Our hearts were broken for 5 days without her. When we got back, she broke down crying, she was so happy to see us. She has cruised with us ever since, and has 5 cruises under her belt!

Sorry I have a different opinion. I love my children more than life itself but until they are old enough (16+, now they are 6and 8) Cruising is for mom and dad. This is our temporary escape to paradise and is our much needed time alone. They know someday they will get to go but for now it's mom and dad's time.:)

Sorry I have a different opinion. I love my children more than life itself but until they are old enough (16+, now they are 6and 8) Cruising is for mom and dad. This is our temporary escape to paradise and is our much needed time alone. They know someday they will get to go but for now it's mom and dad's time.:)

I have to agree. It doesn't seem that really little ones would appreciate a cruise. But then that's MHO and certainly not a judgement on OP or anyone who chooses to bring their young-uns along. It just wasn't for us. We took our kids with us when they were in High school and have some wonderful memories.

On the contrary, my kids really do appreciate going on cruises. They still talk about their first cruise on the Rhapsody when they got to help build a volcano and then make it explode. They went on that cruise when they were just 3 and 5 years old, yet they remember it like it was yesterday.;) They are now 6 and 8. They talk about a number of cruises they've been on and the things they've done. Though they do get which cruise line it happened on confused.

Personally, I find cruising the perfect family vacation since, while they are in the kids program during the day, we get quality alone time. Yet we eat all meals together and always do lots of family stuff together while in port. It's perfect since we get everything we want in a vacation, adult time for just the 2 of us, family meals together without my having to cook, not having to drive around hearing "are we there yet?", and no packing or unpacking for anyone.:D

As far as ships go, the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans is new and very large. It's in Carnival's largest class of ships and has lots of extras. So far, this is our favorite cruise.

Archived