Copper 10-8 question (or someone else who knows)

trvlcrzy

Hello,

I am working on the Fleet Reports for the month of December, and I notice there is no listing for the Amsterdam on the spreadsheet from December 6 - 18. This is very unusual since the ships at sea are listed "at sea," and when in dry-dock or wet-dock, it usually lists the city where the work is being done. The only time ships aren't listed is when they cross the international date line going the "wrong" way and lose a day.

I asked Lisa, and she said the Amsterdam might be in wet or dry dock in preparation for the world cruise. Do you have any confirmation (and a city) for that?

Thanks,

trvlcrzy

Good morning,

On Jeff's blog he says "This one will be a bit different because my home away from home, the ms Amsterdam, is going into dry dock for two weeks in December and I’ll have to get off the ship in Los Angeles.". That's all he mentions - no details. He's taking a 12-day Sea of Cortez cruise on the Statendam and them flying to San Francisco to meet up with the Amsterdam.

How is DW doing?

Karen

Hello,

I am working on the Fleet Reports for the month of December, and I notice there is no listing for the Amsterdam on the spreadsheet from December 6 - 18. This is very unusual since the ships at sea are listed "at sea," and when in dry-dock or wet-dock, it usually lists the city where the work is being done. The only time ships aren't listed is when they cross the international date line going the "wrong" way and lose a day.

I asked Lisa, and she said the Amsterdam might be in wet or dry dock in preparation for the world cruise. Do you have any confirmation (and a city) for that?

Thanks,

trvlcrzy

She has a dry dock scheduled between 5 and 18 December at the BAE Systems yard in San Francisco.

Copper 10-8, this is probably the conversation you're most likely to notice so I'll put this here. We'll be joining the Statendam on Sunday.

I believe, from something you said quite awhile ago, that we are reasonably-close neighbors in real life. I don't want to disclose any addresses here on the open internet, but if you'd like to e-mail me (marney at wilde dot org) I can tell you where we live; my reason is that I thought there might be something you need from home and since we're driving down to San Diego (this coming Saturday) I could easily pick it up and bring the package to you when we come aboard on Sunday. It's no trouble at all, if that would be helpful.

Yes, walking distance; I didn't want to disclose any evidence of an address online. We walked to a family-style restaurant down that way for dinner just last night. If anything from home is needed, it's an easy pick-up, for sure. We'll need to know by Friday evening; we're driving down Saturday.

Thanks to all. Sorry for not checking back earlier, but my week got busy (grades due for progress reports and graduate school projects... and I'm still exhausted and trying to get back into the rhythm).

Thanks again for the info on the missing dates for the Amsterdam.

Normally dry docks and charters are listed in the spreadsheet, so this one was "weird."

Thanks to all. Sorry for not checking back earlier, but my week got busy (grades due for progress reports and graduate school projects... and I'm still exhausted and trying to get back into the rhythm).

Thanks again for the info on the missing dates for the Amsterdam.

Normally dry docks and charters are listed in the spreadsheet, so this one was "weird."

Could be due to some new management at HAL as have noticed other small changes in the corporate listings.

Archived