Convince me not to jump ship..allure to independece

Heatherco

We did a 5 day on the Liberty of the Seas 2 years ago. We thought it was incredible and the only downside was that the 5 days seemed too short. I saw the Oasis in port when we disembarked the Liberty that time and said I HAD to go on that ship. We did so last March and it was amazing. Something you should do if you love cruising that. That said, we are sailing again this coming March and I had the same dilemma...6 days on the Independence or 7 on the Allure. I am paying less than half on the Independence than I would have to pay for the extra day on the Allure. For me, that is an easy decision due to the cost savings.

Will I travel on the Oasis class again despite it will likely cost me more...definitely. It just will not be that often since I cannot see paying twice as much. I highly recommend trying the Oasis class one time to see if you think it is worth the extra cost. If this is a first cruise experience, definitely save the money and do the Independence first. Like others have said, if they all like it, book your next cruise on one of the Oasis class ships.

Having been on both the Allure and Indy. I would pick Indy over $1,000, nevertheless $2000

Spend that money on taking the family to Chops, 2 nights pre-hotel, cruise final bill, ect.

The Indy is a GREAT ship and plenty to do for the teens!

Stay with what you booked. 7 nights and a balcony on this fabulous class is awesome...you will be traveling one less night in inside cabins for 6 nights if you switch to Indy.

Flip side, Indy is a great ship with a lot of what is already familiar to you. You decide...buyers remorse is a terrible cross to bear :rolleyes:

I haven't read all the way through this thread but I wonder about the kids' opinion. Do they know about the cruise, and do they have their hearts set on anything about the Allure that the other ship won't have? .. Just another factor to consider.

I am having a mini decision crisis here and need your help! We are a family of five with kids ages 17, 15 and 13. Currently booked on Allure for Easter Break in two connecting CP Balcony cabins.

Have sailed Explorer a couple times, Enchantment, Navigator and Mariner and loved all of them.

Problem is ...just for fun I priced Independence for same week....six nights not seven, but for two inside cabins I would save about $2000! Even dropping down to insides on Allure, at cureent pricing would still save that amount.

I know it is one night less and I REALLY want to take kids on Allure. BUT that is A LOT of money.

Help convince me I should stick with Allure! Or should I? So torn....

Thanks!

PS. I know this is a good problem to have. :)

From 409 to 839 jump and jump quick while it is still at that price and since it seems you have not had the allure experience yet that would be something to look forward too

I agree with the thought taht if you were ok with the price on Allure when you booked it, then stay with the Allure. Your kids will enjoy Allure much more than the Freedom Class ships. The other question is, will you be in port the same time as the Allure or Oasis? If so you will always be explaining why we aren't going on that really big ship. Stick with Allure, maybe we'll see you in March

We did Allure 2 years ago and have just come off Independence this weekend.

Now whilst we enjoyed Independence. We loved loved loved the Allure and was forever comparing back to the Allure whilst on Independence. Indpendence whilst lovely, just didnt match up to Allure for us. I assume you can't get a cheaper cabin option on Allure?

Thank you all so much for giving me your thoughts!

My kids do not know about it...yet! Will be their big Christmas present and I know they will be

very excited. They have all been pushing us to do another cruise and I keep laughing and telling them it is not possible. Can't wait for Christmas morning!

That being said, I think I will stick with Allure. Final payment is in Feb. so I still have time to change ships....but don't think I will. It might kill me to drop to six nights since our last cruise was 9 nights and even 7 seems too short!

This may be our last blow out trip for awhile since my dd graduates next year and we will be paying those college bills.

I think we would just be wishing we were on Allure the whole time if we switch. Besides....it's only money! I don't think we will regret it after the fact, so Allure here we come!!!

Freedom class ships are amazing. We have been on 5 times now with two future cruises booked for FOS. That being said, we have been on Allure only once and it has been the best cruise to date ! I can't say enough good things about her and we are very glad we were able to experience her. I would keep your reservation and maybe next time try a Freedom class just to compare ships. Our favorite cruise is the Western Caribbean on Freedom. 4 stops on a 7 day cruise .

Archived