Elite Setup Bourbon

gooch47

We always swapped out all the small bottles of vodka, gin, etc. for the little bottles of Canadian Club. But they don't have the small bottles of Canadian Club any more.

Could it be that this is not a fleetwide change but rather they were out of the Canadian Club on your particular cruise? Just a thought.

On the Golden last month, my bar set-up consisted of 8 beer; 2 mini bottles of gin, plus pop and water. Another time I got 4 mini bottles of wine; 2 each of 4 different spirits plus pop and water. Obviously it isn't consistent throughout the fleet. Anyone know how it is decided?

The "Official"" set-up from Princess

(Do I need to print this out and take it with me on our next cruise? ) :(

Membership Questions (viewable after you've logged in to Captain's Circle)

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water

Last month on the Star in the Suite mini bar setup, we could only swap for minis of Jim Beam. We had pre purchased several of the 375ml bottles of Jack Daniel's so were happy.:D

So maybe we've just been unlucky that the ships we've been on didn't have bourbon as a choice. We'll try again in December.

So maybe we've just been unlucky that the ships we've been on didn't have bourbon as a choice. We'll try again in December.

Wish you the best. We are also bourbon drinkers (if we can't get Jack Daniels) and we have not been able to get any bourbon or CC whiskey in our mini bar setup in over 2 years and six Princess ships. Just scotch which I have tried many times but still can't swallow (my Scottish ancestors must roll over in their graves). Let us know if you have any luck.

I keep waiting for someone to point out that Canadian Club is not a bourbon.

Bourbon is only made in the United States. Canadian Club is a whiskey as it is made in Canada. Jim Beam is a bourbon.

My recent mini bar set-up had Dewar's Scotch, so I traded that and the gin for cognac. I would have kept bourbon or Canadian whiskey. Room service told me they only have scotch now.

Archived