Tahiti Flights home

rhsjr

Just booked the Tahiti cruise for October 2014. Looking at return air, it looks like all flights to the U.S. leave around 8 AM. The itinerary they arrive back in Papeete at 8 PM on the night before the last day and on the last day at 7 AM. I assume it is that they are in the return home port Papeete at 8PM thus my question is would they let you disembark at 5 AM to catch a flight or do we need to stay an extra day or disembark the night before and stay in a hotel?

We are doing this itinerary in December and decided to disembark one day early and take the 11pm Air Tahiti flight. We will have 2 nights pre-cruise plus another night on board the ship in Papeete. We also don't want to disembark on the last day and wait around for an 11pm flight. Our travel agent contacted Princess and they sent confirmation for disembark one day early.

What is the approximate price range for round trip from LA or San Fran assuming economy with extra leg room and business class? Thanks.

The sooner you book the better.. We've watched Business Class go from ~$3,750 when flights were released to ~$4,200. Economy started ~$1,600 now $2,375 for our dates in April.

Check the Air France and Air Tahiti Nui websites..

Flights from LAX were about $1200 in economy when I was looking. Business was 3 times more. From what I have read about the Air Tahiti business class product it is not as good as other airlines so for the price difference and night flight we'll survive is coach for the return. On the outbound we're stopping in Hawaii for a few days. Hawaiian Airlines flies every Saturday HNL to PPT.

We will be flying from the east coast and pricing from BWI or IAD (Dullas) is about $2050 coach RT.

I agree with all the stay overs and leave earlies, but why would Princess not leave people off early, say 5 AM when the only flights out are 8 AM or 11 PM? They are already in the port the night before.

Archived