First time sailing RCI w/Diamond status

Cruisinfever, thanks for my answering newbie Diamond questions! Just one more question :o

If the drinks served in the DL are like the ones served in the CL, can you tell us what kind of drinks are served in the CL? Some of my favorites are Mojitos, rum/coke, gin/tonic, and Baileys... :D I love wine but, unfortunately, not the kind offered during the Diamond Events.

You can definitely get Rum and Coke, Gin and Tonic, not sure about Mojitos, Baileys depends on the ship. If you have a specific drink that you like, just ask. Depending on the lounge, the Concierge and the bar servers, surprises have been known to happen!:p

On ships with a Diamond Lounge, you will receive the same drinks as you would in the Concierge Lounge.

On ships with a Diamond Event, then only wine, champagne and soft drinks are complimentary with all other drinks at 25% off their normal price.

Those ships yet to have a Diamond Lounge added are Navigator, Adventure, Voyager, Explorer and Jewel.

Our first Diamond cruise will be on Jewel. We had no idea we'd be limited to wine and Champagne. DH isn't going to be happy.

We are just one night away from Diamond status -- I didn't realize they would give us the benefits of Diamond mid-cruise . . . is this standard procedure with RCCL? (Hope so!)

It is very RARE practice. Even if you turn Diamond or D+ on day two RCCL typically won't give you the benefits until your next cruise. But it never hurts to ask, as people have said on this board.

We are taking a short cruise in January on the Liberty to reach Diamond, we are staying in the Ben and Jerry's suite which gives us access to the cow-cierge lounge, is there much difference between the two and will the concierge lounge give a feel what a diamond lounge will be like for our next cruise?

Keith

Pretty much, yes - the CL will give you a taste of what the DL will be like. Both offer basic cocktails and munchies. BUT...on Liberty, the DL is actually nicer than the CL as the DL has windows and a great view, while the CL is totally enclosed with no view.

Judy

Cruisinfever, thanks for my answering newbie Diamond questions! Just one more question :o

If the drinks served in the DL are like the ones served in the CL, can you tell us what kind of drinks are served in the CL? Some of my favorites are Mojitos, rum/coke, gin/tonic, and Baileys... :D I love wine but, unfortunately, not the kind offered during the Diamond Events.

Unfortunately, I'm going to say it's a probable NO on the mojitos...the bar set-up is pretty basic in both the DL and the CL. Basic mixed drink type cocktails are served, but there is no fresh mint and nobody muddling it with fresh lime to make a great mojito :(!

I make it my quest to find the bar on every ship that makes the best mojito. :D On most ships, the Champagne Bar seems to be winning, though I've also had some good ones from Pool Bars and Sky Bars...and Boleros...;) Take my quest and go forward with it, but don't expect a mojito in the CL or DL!:(

(Although I did get a mojito once on the DL on Freedom, but the DL wasn't busy and the bar waiter had to go out to the Viking Crown bar to get it for me. I felt kind of bad for asking after I realized he had to do that...but I tipped him really well for that effort and enjoyed it very much!)

Judy

Edited by foxgoodrich

We just achieved our Diamond status on a last sailing on Jewel OTS.

On a day that we turned Diamond, we were given new cards that indicated our status. On 13th floor there is a lounge where you can get a glass of wine before dinner and some finger food. Truthfully, service there was not all that good.

DW and I had to sit 30 mins before waitress showed up and asked if we wanted anything (AFTER having a nice long conversation with another passenger that we could hear telling them all her plans for when she gets back home - she plans to become a lawyer in a land FAR-FAR away). Finger foods were totally unappealing and coming from me it says a lot because I am not a picky eater.... In a word, we did not have most positive experience in a Diamond Lounge.

For breakfast there is a separate Diamond room and it was very nice. Food that is served is the same that in the dining room but it arrived significantly quicker and my coffee was refilled quickly.

That being understood, we had a blast on the cruise... Hope you will too...

Where was the Diamond breakfast on Jewel? Dining room, or WJ section? Which floor? Going in two weeks and never looked for it last time because my mom isn't diamond and I wasn't going to eat without her;) But from what you say, this might be quicker for DH and I in he am!

Where was the Diamond breakfast on Jewel? Dining room, or WJ section? Which floor? Going in two weeks and never looked for it last time because my mom isn't diamond and I wasn't going to eat without her;) But from what you say, this might be quicker for DH and I in he am!

MDR. There should be a letter in your cabin when you arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Majesty yesterday. Thank God we never have to sail her again. What a booze cruise that ship has turned into. We did it in order for my DH to reach her D+ status before our big Dec. cruise. She needed 3 nights. In our cabin is my D+ and her D letter, coupon book, etc.

Imagine our surprise when we walk in our cabin Day 2 and there is her congratulations D+ and her pin. We skip the Welcome Back party and rarely go to the MDR. We met a P woman in Trivia who said Emily was called out to be recognized during the event. We had stayed in the Viking crown. Now we've been to dozens of welcome back and I've only seen them recognize the top Pinnacle cruisers. Not when someone reaches D+. If we had know, certainly we would have gone. Oh well. Then 10 p.m. Sunday night, there is a knock on our cabin door. They had delivered a bottle of champagne to our dinner table (we didn't eat there once) and since we didn't show up, they forwarded it to our room. Maybe they were going to give it to her at the welcome back, then sent it to dinner and still couldn't find us. It did have some kind of note on it congratulating Emily on reaching her D+ status. But HEY.....why all the recognition on this cruise? She wasn't even technically D+ until Monday.

Pretty weird.