Question about making Sangria while cruising

daniella1279

Can I carry my pitcher around on the lido deck and drink it there?

I would say no as I have never seen it done before but never say never on Carnival. It would be awkward to carry around and would have to be plastic - Dollar store jugs with a lid would work wonders if you did carry it around. Plus you could add ice to it.

During our Panama Canal cruise on the Miracle, they offered pitchers of Sangria at the bar in Jeeves Lounge - just outside the dining room. They also offered pitchers of margaritas throughout the cruise. First I had seen of this.

I want to make some sangria with the wine I bring on board with fruits from the Buffet. What goes better with the fruits/juice offered? White or red wine? What do you use to let the fruit and wine soak in?

Anyone got any recipe for me to use?

Tia

Danielle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tia Danielle,

This is my Sangria recipe straight from a bar in Barcelona.

Assorted sweet fruit (oranges, raspberries, strawberries). Do not use lemons, limes or anything too tart. I slice my oranges and keep the rind, but you can peel and just add wedges if you prefer.

1/3 cup of Brandy

1/3 cup of powdered sugar ( but granulated sugar works just as well).

750 ml bottle of full bodied red wine. (I was told NOT to use good wine. A cheap run of the mill bottle of reasonable quality cab or similar is just fine).

Sparkling water (Perrier, Pellegrino etc).

1) Mix sugar and brandy together in the bottom of a large pitcher. (I use a big Coleman camping jug!! The pitcher will ultimately need to hold all the ingredients).

2) Add fruit. Ensure all of the fruit is covered. Add a little bit of wine if necessary to cover all the fruit. Gently blend. Let soak for an hour or two if possible.

3) Add wine and gently stir ingredients together. Chill.

4) Just before serving add enough cold sparkling water to suit your taste. I use about 1/3 of a 750 ml bottle. A can of club soda from the bar will work just fine.

5) Pour over ice. Spoon a little fruit into each glass.

You can pre make this but don't add sparkling water or ice until ready to serve. Otherwise the ice will dilute it and the sparkling water will go flat.

NOTE: Make an amazing dessert by serving any leftover fruit over vanilla ice cream. Pour a small amount of the sangria over as well if there is any left.

Thanks for the idea. I think I am going to try this in January!!

Have a great trip!

HTP

:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Q: Can I bring liquor or non-alcoholic beverages (from home or from a port) onboard?

A: Guests are not allowed to bring beer, hard liquor, fortified wines or non-alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use on boarding day or while in port. Alcoholic beverages seized on boarding day will not be returned.

Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.

Note: All guests must comply with TSA guidelines for transporting liquids.

Is Sangria wine (Costco, Yellowtail etc) considered a fortified wine...?

Edited by BOLTFISH