NCL dining venues

nb125

We have just completed our very first cruise on RCI and the only disappointment we had were the dining venues. We found the MDR to be too much of a long drawn out pretentious procedure, especially after a day in port, and wanted to eat in the buffet for dinner. Unfortunately so did everyone else apparently and it was a nightmare trying to find a free table. We are thinking of trying NCL next and wonder would we have the same experience.

I have only tried the buffet on two lines for dinner: both times we were grossly disappointed, one was NCL and the other Princess. Of course it is going to be crowded, I think that is to be expected. As for the long, drawn out dinner in the dining room, this can vary, depending on a lot of things. No, dinner will never be just a few minutes, like a quick bite and isn't expected to be, but it doesn't have to be all that long either. I wonder what you mean by, drawn out? All I can suggest is: 1-you depend on Blue Lagoon, which isn't something you would want to do often, you get to the buffet very early or very late or you try the specialty dining rooms. We have tried every mass marketed line and all more than once. Because we are reaching a stage in life that will allow us lonely a vacation a couple of times a year, we will be sticking with NCL for the rest of our cruise days. It comes the closest to meeting our needs.

HI JUST GOT OFF BREAKAWAY

TERRIBLE SHIP IN ALL AREAS

FOOD SERVICE ENTERTAINMENT

i do not recommend ship to anyone NCL has went downhill tremendously from the past.

the dining experience was slow and long.

It took 2 people 2 hours for a dinner

service was slow food was cold

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM NCL

Man talk about a less than information and objective positing, what does this have to do with the OPs question? Now, let me tell you about our TAs experience as well as some good friends of ours: yes, they did complain about the dining service being less than up to par, but the rest of what you are saying wasn't their experience at all. Both couples said the ship and the cabins were awesome; the food was very good, overall; and the entertainment was top of the line.

I have only tried the buffet on two lines for dinner: both times we were grossly disappointed, one was NCL and the other Princess. Of course it is going to be crowded, I think that is to be expected. As for the long, drawn out dinner in the dining room, this can vary, depending on a lot of things. No, dinner will never be just a few minutes, like a quick bite and isn't expected to be, but it doesn't have to be all that long either. I wonder what you mean by, drawn out? All I can suggest is: 1-you depend on Blue Lagoon, which isn't something you would want to do often, you get to the buffet very early or very late or you try the specialty dining rooms.

What I mean by drawn out and pretentious is the fuss the waiters make insisting on going through everything on the menu and explaining it as though we can't read. Everything seems to be a big performance which I associate with fine dining, something we would do on special occasions and with really good food which this certainly is not.

HI JUST GOT OFF BREAKAWAY

TERRIBLE SHIP IN ALL AREAS

FOOD SERVICE ENTERTAINMENT

i do not recommend ship to anyone NCL has went downhill tremendously from the past.

the dining experience was slow and long.

It took 2 people 2 hours for a dinner

service was slow food was cold

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM NCL

Wow, so much to digest here. I'm not sure I can so..........................

YES, please stay away from NCL 'cause you give me indigestion :eek:

Man talk about a less than information and objective positing, what does this have to do with the OPs question? Now, let me tell you about our TAs experience as well as some good friends of ours: yes, they did complain about the dining service being less than up to par, but the rest of what you are saying wasn't their experience at all. Both couples said the ship and the cabins were awesome; the food was very good, overall; and the entertainment was top of the line.

DITTO I have a friend who is a TA who just sailed Breakaway 2 weeks ago. She said it was great...she went with a very large group and they all had a blast.

I have other friends sailing on her in 2 more weeks and I am sure they will come home with the same report.

It's not the ship for us as we discovered when we sailed Epic in Feb that we prefer the smaller more traditional ships...but there was nothing wrong with Epic..just not our preference. Therein lies the difference..preference.

Archived