Advice for Power Adapters on the RCCL Voyager of the Seas

Liliny

Good evening ;D

I've been reading a lot of threads in regards to NOT taking power boards on board but adapters are welcome.

I've also read that we should take an American/Australian adapter for the 110v and a European/Australian adapter 220v for the power points on board. Is this correct?

If so, what brands would you recommend?

How many power points are in the staterooms? Is it like 2 plugs per PowerPoint?

TIA

Liliny ;D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

In the cruise documents I received it says power boards are not allowed but double adapters are permitted. I'm assuming a double adapter is like a power board except it has only 2 outlets and not 4 or 6 outlets. So if I bring two double adapters, I'll have 4 outlets.

In the cruise documents I received it says power boards are not allowed but double adapters are permitted. I'm assuming a double adapter is like a power board except it has only 2 outlets and not 4 or 6 outlets. So if I bring two double adapters, I'll have 4 outlets.

Yes, they do say that but we have not had a problem. We always put it in checked-in luggage. We will be taking one again on our next cruise(s) in a couple of weeks - now I'll probably end up in the Naughty Room:rolleyes:

Cheers

Di

I've packed a power board on both my cruises and never ended up using it. I have a us double adaptor and a Europe double adaptor and find its plenty to charge phone, iPad, camera and video recorder. I do find that my iPhone and iPad will only work with the European adaptor, even though the charger is supposed to be 110-240v.

Australian power boards are usually ok as they have a trip button on the side so the power board will trip before it trips the power supply to your cabin.

Some power boards from Asian countries like Thailand and Vietnam that take USA and european plugs are a bit dubious to say the least as are some USA ones!

Just remember, normal Australian 240volt appliances will not work on the USA 110 volt system even if you plug an Australian power board into them.

The European 220 Volt also available "will" run all Australian 240 Volt appliances.

The USA 110 Volt sockets in the cabin "will" run all camera/phone/laptop/tablet chargers even with an Australian power board plunged into 110Volt but will not run things like irons/curling wands/ heated rollers/hair straighteners/steam press/ kettle/ George Foreman fat free grill or electric pressure cookers bought in Australia:D:D:D

But the cabin available european 220 volt will run them all and on an Australian power board all at once:D:D:D.

You need 2 types of adaptors for an RCI cruise, one USA to Australian for your tech stuff and one european to Australian for any apliances you may need.

Thanks guys for your input!

I'll definitely be looking into the adapters. I've read in the conditions that power boards are not to be taken onboard as well it's been emphasised on their Facebook page.

Fishtaco thank you sooo much for your wealth of knowledge on this topic.

I'll get one of each, US and European adapter.

Sorry to bug you with more newbie questions, would there be a brand you would recommend?

Also what's the difference between watts and volts...lolz?

Btw lolz @ the George foremen grill n what not!

Loving the smilies! ;D

Edited by Liliny

Thanks guys for your input!

I'll definitely be looking into the adapters. I've read in the conditions that power boards are not to be taken onboard as well it's been emphasised on their Facebook page.

Fishtaco thank you sooo much for your wealth of knowledge on this topic.

I'll get one of each, US and European adapter.

Sorry to bug you with more newbie questions, would there be a brand you would recommend?

Also what's the difference between watts and volts...lolz?

Btw lolz @ the George foremen grill n what not!

Loving the smilies! ;D

Woolworths sells the Korjo brand for $9.99. I checked out the Hot Dollar shop and they were selling a 'no brand' one for $7.50 so I ended up buying it in Woolworths.

Different ship - same issue ...

Just off the Celebrity Solstice - my suitcase ended up in the 'naughty room' as it contained my trusty power board (which has seen service on many a cruise, including the Solstice last year ...)

So, to be on the safe side, leave your power boards at home!!

I phoned RCCI to let them know I would be bringing a CPAP machine on board VOS and they told me to bring a power board.... Perhaps the rules are different if it's for medical equipment. They also said if I forgot to ask room steward as they had access to limited number of power boards and extension cords.

I phoned RCCI to let them know I would be bringing a CPAP machine on board VOS and they told me to bring a power board.... Perhaps the rules are different if it's for medical equipment. They also said if I forgot to ask room steward as they had access to limited number of power boards and extension cords.

They are also providing my dad with distilled water. Does you CPAP machine need distilled water? If so, email special needs and they will provide it free of charge.

They are also providing my dad with distilled water. Does you CPAP machine need distilled water? If so, email special needs and they will provide it free of charge.

Thanks for letting us know. When we travel we usually just use bottled water, might call them to add the distilled water though. Thanks again