"Plush" woman and tankini or skirtini

babchia

They don't work for me. Even with underwire tops, I don't get enough bust support, and they make me look inches larger in the waist than I am.

I am a 18/20, 42F, and have a hard time wearing anything other than a 1 piece. I am able to have the body fit snug which, in turn, gives me more bust support. I usually only wear swimdresses and love how they flatter me. I always make sure they have an empire waist. And I just pull the bottoms to the side when I have to pee. Lol

I am a fluffy lady , and my only comment would be try it on and remember if you actully plan on going in the water and swimming ( I do) be aware a skirt will float up on you in the water and is really drippy and sloppy wet coming out of the water , you almost have to wring it out, which is not to flattering. But if you don't actually plan on going in the water and just want it for sun bathing or just sticking your feet in the water it won't matter.

Cori

I'm not large and usually wear one-pieces, but Penneys had suits on sale at unbelievable prices this fall so I bought several bottoms and tankini tops. Because of scars I want my tummy covered. I have to try them on and prefer something with a supportive bra that 'floats' away from the tummy area.

Tankini tops can be found that are longer; I don't want them to show skin at the waist. My only problem with them is that I like to actively swim, and some of them do float up and especially 'bubble' up with air, which is annoying.

The good/bad news is that I have lost some weight and wonder if the six! (yes, six, they were $4.99 each) suits will now be too big. I keep trying on various items of clothes and love that I can now wear things again that I haven't worn for several years.

I carry my weight in my stomach area and I'm tall. No matter the price, size, or quality, I spend way too much time pulling tankini tops down and bottoms up to cover gaps - not the best look if that's where you carry your weight! I did once buy a maternity (Liz Lange from Target) tankini without realizing it was maternity and it is the only one I don't have issues with, although it's a little tight in the bust.

Land's End has great one-piece suits in long torso lengths and they are my go-to suit. Miracle Suits are just torture - avoid those!

I am a 18/20, 42F, and have a hard time wearing anything other than a 1 piece. I am able to have the body fit snug which, in turn, gives me more bust support. I usually only wear swimdresses and love how they flatter me. I always make sure they have an empire waist. And I just pull the bottoms to the side when I have to pee. Lol

Ha! Ha! The pull the bottoms aside thing? Me too!! I was just afraid to say it!

I'm not a big fan of swimdresses since it seems like too much material on the bottom for me. I bought a good fitting pair of black swim briefs at a plus size retailer and have since been able to pick up 2 longer tankini tops to go with them on sale. I do find that the looser, longer tops will float up.

Shar

I have 3 tankinis from always for me dot com and highly recommend them. The designs I got do not ride up and the shirred mid-section camouflages my fluffy tummy. For what its worth, I've heard great things about swimsuits for all and actually just purchased a tankini top (to wear with shorts on an excursion) and a cover up today.

I have skirtinis, tankinis, bikinis and one-pieces....and yes, I am 'fluffy', 'plush', 'plus' or whatever you what to call me...

For lounging around the pool/beach...anything will do...

For swimmin/snorkelling etc...nothing with pockets or very loose as the fabric will balloon out or float up.

Anything with a 'dress' or 'skirt' is a pain in the rear to put clothes over, unless you are wearing a dress/coverup.

For me...I have plain black brief-style bottoms and a snug, long length tank that I wear most of the time, especially when actually swimming.

And I am probably the one descenter in the bunch when it comes from swimsuits for all (or whatever it is called)...tried it once and it was nothing but a hassle...never again.

I typically wear tankini's. When walking around or lounging I have no problem with a gap between the two pieces. I am a size 12/14 and hold my weight in my stomach. I prefer for over a 1 piece for the ease of bathroom breaks. I also am small in the chest area and the ones I get are usually halter so they don't seem to flatten me as much as a 1 piece does.

The only time the tank part has ridden up is if I'm jumping into a pool versus stepping into it or if I'm in an ocean with waves and the wave catches it.

I like tankinis, skirtinis, shortinis! (Although I don't focus on shortinis anymore since I discovered Body Glide.) But they definitely aren't all the same. The first ones I got had a band below the bra that went all the way around my body, so if the bottom of the top floated up, I wouldn't be 'flashing' anyone.

The next one I bought didn't.

But I McGyver'ed it. I bought one of these shapewear camisoles:

pSPXNA-MS1587_Black_alternate2_v275.jpg

And had a tailor cut off the top of it and fit the bottom part to the bottom of the top under the top. Does that make sense?

Then I tuck the bottom of the shapewear into the tankini bottom and the swim top remains free, and I don't worry about it showing anything.

I hate one-piece swimsuits for all-day beach activities as pulling up the swimsuit after using the bathroom is SUCH A PAIN! This trick has worked great for me. I've done it three suits running now. It does add to the cost, but totally worth it to me!

Robin

Edited by Robin7

I tried on my swimsuits from swimsuitsforall.com and they are all great! The tankini tops are olonger and fit very well. The skirtini bottom is so nice, and easy to ger on. The one piece is so flattering and I don't feel like I am putting on a wetsuit, struggling to get it on!

I tried on my swimsuits from swimsuitsforall.com and they are all great! The tankini tops are olonger and fit very well. The skirtini bottom is so nice, and easy to ger on. The one piece is so flattering and I don't feel like I am putting on a wetsuit, struggling to get it on!

Trying to add pictures.

(These pics are NOT me! LOL )

They are small pictures, but it worked!!!

a_2766SK2229.jpg.24179ea53c58a2985d20141b6fd8c874.jpg

a_2776SK2229.jpg.aedb9273a9375266bea2680f07dbd132.jpg

a_1808.jpg.d1f23bbdfb9f4aa27597784401ee1191.jpg

Edited by babchia
Add final message.