Excursion Discount for Pre-booking?

themwl

I just pre-booked a celebrity excursion for our upcoming cruise on the Summit. The final price I was charged was 10% less than what was shown on the first page. Is this a normal discount for pre-booking? Or did I luck out with all the crazy website stuff going on?

We booked several excursions recently and did not receive a discount. Maybe it is something new, or you lucked out. They do advertise savings with a package of 3 or 4 excursions on some cruises but I think you need to book the whole package.

Mary Lou

I had purchased 2 excursions earlier for our cruise in Dec. When I called last night and spoke to the Captains Club dept they cancelled our existing reservations and rebooked them with the 10% discount. A savings of $42.00. I did notice that the offer says it is for Holiday sailings, but our cruise is preholiday. A nice perk though.

Yes, I, too, just booked a shorex for our Eclipse cruise which is a holiday sailing and received the 10% discount. I booked two others on October 17th - no discount - wish I had waited and booked them all tonight :rolleyes: !!

Jill

I had purchased 2 excursions earlier for our cruise in Dec. When I called last night and spoke to the Captains Club dept they cancelled our existing reservations and rebooked them with the 10% discount. A savings of $42.00. I did notice that the offer says it is for Holiday sailings, but our cruise is preholiday. A nice perk though.

Where did you see the "offer"? I didn't notice anything aside from the price being less than I expected.

We are sailing on the Summit on Dec 7th. My husband rec'd an email the other day advertising the discount on excursions....we were able to book several with the 10% discount. He did say it was only for certain ships and for certain sailings....

We are sailing on the Summit on Dec 7th. My husband rec'd an email the other day advertising the discount on excursions....we were able to book several with the 10% discount. He did say it was only for certain ships and for certain sailings....

Interesting... We never received an email and we are on the Eclipse New Year's Eve sailing. I wouldn't have known about the discount if I hadn't seen this thread!! :)

Jill

Interesting... We never received an email and we are on the Eclipse New Year's Eve sailing. I wouldn't have known about the discount if I hadn't seen this thread!! :)

Jill

Us neither... We only found out by booking... Booked another one last night... Every little helps!!