do I need excursions?

gag0630

can I take taxis to the beached is st. lucia.,

In Barbados I want to see the caves and do a beach. Can I do that on my own?

What is fun to do in St.Martin, I heard shopping is good. How is prickly pear island. Can I get there on my own. Excursions are sooo expensive, I am trying to get around without them if I can. Please help me with your advice. Thanks

What is fun to do in St.Martin, I heard shopping is good. How is prickly pear island. Can I get there on my own. Excursions are sooo expensive, I am trying to get around without them if I can. Please help me with your advice. Thanks

you can do it all yourself but your going to spend a lot of time looking for taxi's , buses etc. You usually can find private companies online or at the pier that do these tours for a lot less. Keep in mind if you are on a do it yourself and miss the ship. Your going to pay big dollars to get to the next port or back to the US. And if no passport expect to be delayed before you can even leave the island.

Edited by Kamloops50

It depends on what you want to do in St. Lucia. St. Lucia is not a big beach destination per se - of the islands, we don't have the best beaches overall. Certainly some good ones for swimming or snorkeling, etc, but St. Lucia is more known for the scenery, Pitons, waterfalls, volcano and mud baths, etc.

If all you want is to go to a beach with umbrellas/chairs and some eats around, grab a cab to Reduit Beach, about 30 minutes north, and $35US one way for up to 3 passengers.

If you want to see more of the island, especially what sets us apart, consider a land/sea tour or some other excursion - and book ahead.

In St. Maarten, Maho Beach is great - that's the beach where the planes are landing right over your head. Marigot and the French side is lovely. There are some other nice beaches also - much better beaches around the island overall than St. Lucia. Decent shopping right in Phillipsburg.

Enjoy your cruise.