Balcony on Lido on Freedom Ship

robin32470

Hi all, we reserved our cabin # 9274 on the Carnival Freedom for next Sept. Have never stayed on Lido deck before, hoping it's a good choice. Our room is right next to the elevators it looks like and right next to Millennium too. Has anyone stayed around this particular area on this ship and because it's so close to Millennium will there be a lot of noise?

Hi all, we reserved our cabin # 9274 on the Carnival Freedom for next Sept. Have never stayed on Lido deck before, hoping it's a good choice. Our room is right next to the elevators it looks like and right next to Millennium too. Has anyone stayed around this particular area on this ship and because it's so close to Millennium will there be a lot of noise?

We always book cabins on the Lido deck, except for Spirit class ships. (Those do not have cabins on the Lido deck.) Awesome deck, very close to the pool, the buffet. Going back to the cabin for something is quick. There are fewer cabins so there is much less foot traffic. We've never had problems with noises from the elevator, the atrium, nor sounds from the Lido deck.

That said, we were in 9276 on Liberty. (Same layout as Freedom.) We had a vent over our heads that sounded like a train 24/7. It was horrible! Didn't matter if the balcony door was open or closed. I hardly slept for seven nights. We did not enjoy spending time on our balcony.

The guy standing on the balcony shows 9274.

ry%3D400

That was my 10th Carnival cruise. By then, I should have been smart enough to look at the exterior of the ship when choosing a cabin. Had I known, I would have moved more forward, far, far away from those stupid vents. I learned a very expensive lesson!

My honest opinion is to book a different cabin on the Lido deck, anywhere forward of 9268 (port) or 9265 (starboard).

So glad you mentioned those vents LOL I just changed my cabin # to 9265 :D

We always book cabins on the Lido deck, except for Spirit class ships. (Those do not have cabins on the Lido deck.) Awesome deck, very close to the pool, the buffet. Going back to the cabin for something is quick. There are fewer cabins so there is much less foot traffic. We've never had problems with noises from the elevator, the atrium, nor sounds from the Lido deck.

That said, we were in 9276 on Liberty. (Same layout as Freedom.) We had a vent over our heads that sounded like a train 24/7. It was horrible! Didn't matter if the balcony door was open or closed. I hardly slept for seven nights. We did not enjoy spending time on our balcony.

The guy standing on the balcony shows 9274.

ry%3D400

That was my 10th Carnival cruise. By then, I should have been smart enough to look at the exterior of the ship when choosing a cabin. Had I known, I would have moved more forward, far, far away from those stupid vents. I learned a very expensive lesson!

My honest opinion is to book a different cabin on the Lido deck, anywhere forward of 9268 (port) or 9265 (starboard).

I was in 9253 in June 2011. Here is a link to my review which includes photographs ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1432492&highlight=review