Santiago Taxi Airport to Hotel

Connecticutcruiser

I have essentially the same question in reverse. We'll be leaving from a B&B which we're told is about 10-15 minutes from the airport. Any input on what the cost will likely be for this distance and whether we need to have Chilean pesos to pay?

I just did a bit of looking around and found a site for a company called Go Airport Taxi that offers transfers to and from the Santiago airport and allows payment in USD by credit cards and Paypal. Has anyone used this service? Is it reliable? Competitively priced?

http://www.goairporttaxi.cl/en/?gclid=CNaH7obr5LoCFa1AMgoduTYAFw

Thanks in advance!

Can anyone provide an estimate of an average taxi fare from the Santiago Airport to the Ritz Carlton hotel and whether taxis normally accept US Dollars or will we need pesos? Thank you.

The last time I was in BA I emailed the hotel and asked them to make arrangements and they charged me $30 US a couple of years ago. I was able to put it on the hotel bill.

This time last year, taxis had a fixed fare of 18,000 CLP (about $35) from downtown Santiago to the airport. It's probably about the same in the other direction, or you can use TransVIP (just outside arrivals), which is like Supershuttle and costs 6,500 CLP pp. You'll need CLP. There are ATMs in the same area as TransVIP.

• 1 month later...

As an update, I actually booked Go Airport Taxi in advance for a downtown Santiago hotel pick-up and transfer to Santiago airport. Despite that fact I had paid in advance, the car never showed up. I had to have the hotel night staff locate a local taxi to take me to the airport instead.

Good points - my paypal pre-payment was immediately refunded when I notified Go Airport Taxi about the failed pick-up. And the local taxi only cost 15,000 CLP (approx $30 USD) rather than the $54.95 USD I was charged by Go Airport Taxi.

The local cabbie, despite speaking no English, was very friendly and pleasant to deal with. I'd recommend sticking with taxis organized by your hotel in this city.

I have just returned from our cruise. We took a regular taxi, as I learned that the prices are fixed to the city. Our party of four paid 18,000 CHP to the Marriott. There are ATMs near the exit where you can pick up the cash if you haven't done so already.

• 4 years later...
On 11/19/2013 at 12:30 PM, someotherguy said:

This time last year, taxis had a fixed fare of 18,000 CLP (about $35) from downtown Santiago to the airport. It's probably about the same in the other direction, or you can use TransVIP (just outside arrivals), which is like Supershuttle and costs 6,500 CLP pp. You'll need CLP. There are ATMs in the same area as TransVIP.

Has anyone used Transvip recently? I don't want to pre book SCL - Santiago hotel Plaza San Francisco. I couldn't find English tab on their website.

• 2 weeks later...