Dream serenity deck

jamesr3939

Booked a spa balcony on deck 12 for January and was wondering about a few things about the Serenity deck. I see it's 21 yoa and older only. So do they enforce that or is it like other ships where nobody pays attention? Is the area limited to people on spa deck as we have friends in a cove? How crowded are the areas on 14 & 15 and do we have to get up there at the butt crack of dawn to find a place in the sun? How's the bar service? I see there is an actual bar, but it looks pretty small. We like to have a little cocktail in the evening while getting dressed for dinner and that looks like the nearest place to our cabin to run and get something.

From October, I only saw someone under 21 there once, and the drink guy made them leave as soon as they saw them doing the rounds.

Anyone 21 and up from anywhere on the ship can be there. If you want a hammock, you do pretty much have to be out there at first light, or just lucky timing. There's only 2 of them on the Dream. Even without waking up early, we were able to get a hammock every other day for a hour or two just from timing.

On sea days it gets pretty crowded, on the final sea day it took effort to find 2 chairs, and required me moving one chair halfway across the deck to get them side by side; this was someone who moved one to the walkway in front of the elevator window so I'm sure it wasn't missed.

The bar seemed small, but I had no experience with it.

Great info, thanks. We are both early raisers and I am usually the first one up and out. It's not uncommon to be on deck with a book by 8:30 - 9:00 AM. Hopefully, we can snag something that early. Hammocks seem cool, but I am more of a lounger guy and those "clamshell" things look to have my name written all over them.

We cruised in June. We stayed in a Spa Interior on 11, loved the access to the spa! As for the Serenity area, whenever we walked through it was pretty empty. We sailed a FULL sailing, around 4500 on board. It was like most people didn't realize it was there. Maybe the time of year we cruised, there were a lot more families and less adults used it.