Almpost live from QM2 BTB November 12 2013

capnpugwash

Cap'n, We are thinking about doing a B2B in August 2014. What I would like to know is what day excursions are on offer whilst in New York with Cunard.

Thanks Cap'n

Catherine

There aren't too many options from Cunard, their normal one is $40 each and you get a bus ride to Macy's at Herald Square (W34th j/w Broadway). Macy's is quite a nice store and now opens at 9am but there are lots of other "better" shops. I like Bloomingdales which is up at 59th and Lexington (4th Ave), it is in a nice part of town near Central Park and 12 blocks from St Patrick's Cathedral. If there are more than one of you, I'd take a taxi or car to Manhattan and then do what you have to do and get one back to the ship. I use Arecibo (+1 (718) 783-6465) and they've always been less expensive than others and reliable, I used them 2 weeks ago from Red Hook to the Staten Island Ferryport with a 15 minute stop at the World Trade Centre and it was $35 for a van with 4 people. There is a lot made about the cab drivers not knowing where Redhook is but you can obviate that problem by printing a map of the area and taking it with you to show the driver. All aboard times vary but it is usually 4 to 4.30 which gives you ample time to look around and get some lunch. If you want to, please email me and we can discuss further.

There aren't too many options from Cunard, their normal one is $40 each and you get a bus ride to Macy's at Herald Square (W34th j/w Broadway). Macy's is quite a nice store and now opens at 9am but there are lots of other "better" shops. I like Bloomingdales which is up at 59th and Lexington (4th Ave), it is in a nice part of town near Central Park and 12 blocks from St Patrick's Cathedral. If there are more than one of you, I'd take a taxi or car to Manhattan and then do what you have to do and get one back to the ship. I use Arecibo (+1 (718) 783-6465) and they've always been less expensive than others and reliable, I used them 2 weeks ago from Red Hook to the Staten Island Ferryport with a 15 minute stop at the World Trade Centre and it was $35 for a van with 4 people. There is a lot made about the cab drivers not knowing where Redhook is but you can obviate that problem by printing a map of the area and taking it with you to show the driver. All aboard times vary but it is usually 4 to 4.30 which gives you ample time to look around and get some lunch. If you want to, please email me and we can discuss further.

Thanks Cap'n, something to think about. Will be in touch closer to the time.

Catherine