Hotels near Cape Liberty, Bayonne NJ.

jimbobby

Looking for a good hotel close by this Port. We would also like to be able to get into New York City the day before our cruise. So any hotels that have easy access to both places would appreciated. Do any hotels have free shuttle to Cape Liberty?

Thanks, Jim

Last year, we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island. It was perfect for us.

They had a shuttle that took us to the port. They will also take you to the Staten Island ferry to go into the city.

Since we drove in from Ohio, we were able to leave our car in their lot (free) for the duration of the cruise. Their shuttle picked us up afterwards and brought us directly to our car.

I THINK they will even pick you up if you fly into Newark, but not 100% sure.

Check it out!

Looking for a good hotel close by this Port. We would also like to be able to get into New York City the day before our cruise. So any hotels that have easy access to both places would appreciated. Do any hotels have free shuttle to Cape Liberty?

Thanks, Jim

Jim,

I believe there are only a couple hotels with shuttles to the port. As one person mentioned, Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island, and the Country Inn & Suites in Bayonne. You will pay extra for the shuttle at the Country Inn & Suites, though, so it's not "free." It's a package deal.

When my parents were in Bayonne, they stayed at the Hilton Penn Station. I believe the hotel literally connects with Penn Station, so they had easy access to all of NYC, and they loved it! They spent two days in NYC prior to the cruise. They did have to take a cab to the port. I think it was around $40.00. There was a shuttle from Newark to the hotel.

Where you are flying into may also be a consideration. Not sure if you are flying into Newark or La Guardia or . . .?

We have used both Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn on Staten Island. Both are great and they share the shuttle to the pier. Parking is free at both of them. I would recommend either of them. Since they will take you to the Staten Island Ferry, it even makes it better.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give me phone number of Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn on Staten Island? I looked them up on the internet but nothing is saying Staten Island. I have never been to that area . I just want to know how we get to the airport and port. This is just making me crazy not knowing where the heck to stay . I prefer to leave out of Fla.since we are leaving in Jan. Now we have to worry about Detroit weather and N.Y. This might be the first and the last time

we go to N.J.

Can you give me phone number of Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn on Staten Island? I looked them up on the internet but nothing is saying Staten Island. I have never been to that area . I just want to know how we get to the airport and port. This is just making me crazy not knowing where the heck to stay . I prefer to leave out of Fla.since we are leaving in Jan. Now we have to worry about Detroit weather and N.Y. This might be the first and the last time

we go to N.J.

The number for the Hampton Inn, Staten Island is 1-718-477-1600.

Be careful when you google the hotel, often the general info for the entire chain will come up or some other booking agent. When you find a website, just make sure you have the site for the specific hotel. Good luck with your hotel search.

we go to N.J.

Hilton Garden Inn number is 1-718-477-2400

Hampton Garden Inn number is 1-718-477-1600

If you stay at the Hampton, you have to make your shuttle reservations through the Hilton. They accept shuttle reservations at the beginning of the month that you sail. Make sure you have them made before getting there. Sometimes the shuttle fills up with Hilton Guest and Hampton Guests have to wait until later shuttles. If the Shuttle is full, they can put another shuttle into service.