NORWEGIAN STAR North Cape 2015???

shipfriend_max

Hi everyone,

I browsed the cruise lists for Norway in 2015 and the 2st of June 2015 there appears a ship with a length of 294 m, draft of 8.2 m and gt of 81740 - except the GT all data are the same to NORWEGIAN STAR.

I think the GT is a missprint (81740), NCL STAR has 91740 GT.

http://www.cruise-norway.no/Arrivals.aspx?zone=10&start=01.05.2015&end=30.09.2015&ports=10

But as far as it looks, STAR could do some Norway itineraries in 2015. :)

Thanks for posting this...something to definitely keep an eye on. I'm not especially interested in the Baltics, and the more recent Norway/Faroe itineraries have happened in September (when I can't go). Something in the summer would be great!

• 3 weeks later...

The Star has done the Baltics before - so the Star stopping in those places isn't all that out of the ordinary, right?

Just need NCL to put out their 2015 itineraries post April 2015 next month so we all know what is happening so the rumors out there stop spreading.

Honningsvag is located above the Arctic Circle in the northernmost part of Norway. I was there on the Jade in 2008 when the she did a 12-day itinerary up the coast of Norway. Other ports on that itinerary included Alesund, Bergen, Kristiansund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Trondheim, and Stavanger. It was a great cruise!

Edited by polySeraph

The Star has done the Baltics before - so the Star stopping in those places isn't all that out of the ordinary, right?

I assume she will keep on cruising the Baltics in 2015, but on several dates she might also cruise to Norway... CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION and BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS also do both Baltics and Norway in suummer. :)

I could imagine that STAR is doing a similar itinerary as JADE in 2008 - but from Copenhagen, I think...

Yeah, Norway is awesome!!!!!

I assume she will keep on cruising the Baltics in 2015, but on several dates she might also cruise to Norway... CELEBRITY CONSTELLATION and BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS also do both Baltics and Norway in suummer. :)

I could imagine that STAR is doing a similar itinerary as JADE in 2008 - but from Copenhagen, I think...

Yeah, Norway is awesome!!!!!

I was on that 2008 cruise up the coast of Norway (including Honnisvag - also called the Nord Cape). We took and early morning boat ride where we could see 3,000 Puffins fishing near a bay (with a dozen eagles feeding on the puffins). The sky was filled with these beautiful birds. We also went by a protected island with thousands of birds of all varieties.

There were several stunning glaciers, views and natural beauty on other port calls. In Stavenger, I found that port town beautiful/ cute with the oil museum (offshore oil drilling museum) fascinating. Also, since some of the Northern ports had few large cruise ships ever arrive, we found the whole town would come down to see the ship. Never felt so welcomed.

Definitely a specialty cruise to consider (and Yes, likely departing from Copenhagen).

Hopefully. :)

Interesting for me, because we are considering Alaska for 2015!

And i am interested about the Norway cruise of STAR!

We have been on both the Alaskan and Norwegian (7 ports) cruises and both are stunning. But Alaska is always available but the Norway cruise is a specialty cruise which hasn't been offered since 2008. If its available via NCL, I'd grab it. NCL will do Bergen on many North Sea cruises but there's so much more to see in Norway. But bring lots of $$ - expensive place (12 oz beer was $11 in 2008).

Suggestion on Alaska, we did a one-way, inner passage from Vancouver to Whittier on the NCL Sun - took a train to Anchorage and the rented a car for a week to see Denali (3.5 days there) and interesting Sites along the way. We stayed in a B&B which was deluxe and the same price as the hotels in "glitter gulch" (place with lots of shops and hotels outside the park). The rental car allowed fun stops along the way.

Honningsvag is located above the Arctic Circle in the northernmost part of Norway. I was there on the Jade in 2008 when the she did a 12-day itinerary up the coast of Norway. Other ports on that itinerary included Alesund, Bergen, Kristiansund, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Trondheim, and Stavanger. It was a great cruise!

I was on that cruise as well. Late June and true 24 hours of sunlight. One of my best cruises ever except for the price of beer in Norway :D

I was on that cruise as well. Late June and true 24 hours of sunlight. One of my best cruises ever except for the price of beer in Norway :D

The price of a 20-oz Heineken on the ship was $8. The price of Norwegian beer (local stuff, nothing fancy) was $11 for 12-oz. Two club sandwiches, one beer and on tap water in a cafe was $74. Bizarre when cruisers rush back to the ship for bargains. And "Yes", on our way to Honnisvag (Nord Cape), the sun never went down. I walked around at 2am and relaxed to read a book on deck.

We have been on both the Alaskan and Norwegian (7 ports) cruises and both are stunning. But Alaska is always available but the Norway cruise is a specialty cruise which hasn't been offered since 2008. If its available via NCL, I'd grab it. NCL will do Bergen on many North Sea cruises but there's so much more to see in Norway. But bring lots of $$ - expensive place (12 oz beer was $11 in 2008).

Suggestion on Alaska, we did a one-way, inner passage from Vancouver to Whittier on the NCL Sun - took a train to Anchorage and the rented a car for a week to see Denali (3.5 days there) and interesting Sites along the way. We stayed in a B&B which was deluxe and the same price as the hotels in "glitter gulch" (place with lots of shops and hotels outside the park). The rental car allowed fun stops along the way.

Very interesting!!!

We have been 4 Times to Norway, we loved it!! :)

We consider Alaska for 2015 - let's see what is more beautiful!